Going from ED01 Stock Rooted/Debloated to CM7 Gingerbread

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty good with flashing stuff and what not but I have never gone VooDoo before. Anyways I am wanting to try the CM7 Gingerbread ROM and I am currently on ED01 Rooted/De-Bloated ROM. What do I need to do to flash everything correctly in going VooDoo. Also how do I go back to stock from VooDoo once I have gotten there. What are the advantages of VooDoo too? Thanks brochachos.

JaeKar99

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
You are correct punk.kaos has the best show going: [ROM] [CM7] [GINGERBREAD] Kaoscinate V6.

It is strongly recommended that you read through the associated posts.. yes, all 2135 of them.. or at least try to read through them...

There are still issues but progress is being made.

Also be aware that posters who have attempted to flash previous versions of Kaosinate have had difficulty returning to their previous ROMs..

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
You are correct punk.kaos has the best show going: [ROM] [CM7] [GINGERBREAD] Kaoscinate V6.

It is strongly recommended that you read through the associated posts.. yes, all 2135 of them.. or at least try to read through them...

There are still issues but progress is being made.

Also be aware that posters who have attempted to flash previous versions of Kaosinate have had difficulty returning to their previous ROMs..

I was one of them :(

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Awesome to see that updates are still coming out for CM7! I have a sneaking suspicion that CM is going to be the only way we'll see Gingerbread on the Fascinate...

anon_72

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been running jt1134's cm7 for 2 weeks straight now. Only issues for me is no camera or mms. Other than that, its a real smooth running rom for me.

fezzesarecool

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the VooDoo thing either. I want to try out the new CommRom but since its VooDoo only, I don't want to. It just all seems too fishy!

voodoo is not a big deal at all. it just changes the way the filesystem works a bit, and speeds things up. it's not at all something you notice other than that, and even if it does get wonky and your phone won't boot, it seems to be very easily fixed.

JOrtenzi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the VooDoo thing either. I want to try out the new CommRom but since its VooDoo only, I don't want to. It just all seems too fishy!

seems fishy?? have you actually ready any of the posts (especially the stickies) about flashing roms, kernels, voodoo....

NOTHING that Adrynalyne puts out is "fishy"

Last edited:

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My first experience with Voodoo was with the first ComRom. I was a bit leery, but so long as you have everything backed up and all the files you would need to undo any potential damage, it's painless! It really is a behind the scenes thing. I say go for it!

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did the community rom and loved it but tried to flash something over it dumb mistake and bricked her ;) but flashed stock and fixed her! Now back to flashing....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa