Which phone are you switching from?

Which OS are you coming from?

• Total voters

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Like the title says, tell us which phone/OS you are leaving for the Samsung Fascinate, and what the main selling points are (not what you hate - e.g., Bing :p ).

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
its android, its alot faster than BB is, have more app options compare to the BB apps. in comparing android to BB, there's just too many selling points to list lol. but for me, the faster system, no trackball which is a plus, bigger and better looking screen.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from the original Droid. I love Android and really just want to lose the physical keyboard and get a little bigger screen. I am rooted and OC'd so I am not expecting a huge speed increase but I hope I am surprised. I do want Froyo sooner than later!

I use my phone for work and personal so I use exchange and 2-3 normal email accounts. Hopefully all my apps will transition over :)

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
im trying to come from a d2 kinda disapointed with that phone. bigger brighter screen. bigger battery better processor

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Me too to what everyone has said so far.

I've come to the conclusion that any phone with moving parts is setting myself up for future problems.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Not 100% sure if Im getting one or not. If I do Im coming from an Incredible.

I cant get over that screen!

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Coming out of a Winmo Samsung Omnia. Super AMOLED, 1 GHZ processor, anything is better than what I have now. Winmo (phone call, freeze.....text, freeze.....Skyfire, Freeze)

rapideyemovement

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
ditching my iPhone 3G. Loved it for the first few years, then got tired of it just being an app device. I need a phone that works for me, not the other way around.

Android FTW!!

bootsdodgejn

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
coming from a droid2. Only had it for bout 2 weeks. Going for the Fascinate cause i got used to the swype and don't need the keyboard. Plus you cant go wrong with the speed and the amazing display.

Panthersfan86

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Ditching my droid x, the phone actually stopped working. but for me that sexy screen speedy processor and the ease of which it should be rooted and have ROMs is all it takes to make me switch.

geocomp

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Moving on from the Storm 1. I really didn't have any major problems with the Storm, it is just time to move on and try something new. I was interested in the Android platform when it first came out but it was not available on Verizon when I got the Storm. I convinced my wife to get the HTC Droid Eris several months ago, Nice phone. I am really looking forward to the Fascinate superior power and screen size and resolution.

theoneuafter

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Coming from an OG Droid. I'm a lil nervous about liking Bing, but the screen size and clarity, losing the slideout keyboard i never use and a lighter more nimble device is what I'm hoping for!!

Sir_N

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
From Dinc. fascinate has bigger size screen,super Amoled,better GPU..Etc..

Droid X is too big though..lol...

and Bing thing isn't deal breaker for me..

ooklah

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I initially came from the Storm 2 to the Droid X. I absolutely love it, and I am a bit hesitant dropping it for the Fascinate. But I want to get my wife a new phone, and with the BOGO it is awfully hard to pass up (she won't let me spend another $200 to get her one otherwise!)

myester

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the Storm 1. There was a promotional video for BB OS 6 and I just wasn't impressed with where RIM was going with their new OS. The Android Market is growing every day and has significantly more apps than AppWorld. I messed with the Captivate some and like everything I've seen with the Galaxy S line.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress