Some questions...may not be Fascinate specific...

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
In my contacts there is an activities button...which will pull in Facebook stuff. Is there ANY FRACKING WAY to get all the BS game crap to stop pulling in??? I just want to see status updates that a person posts, not all this crap that so and so harvested a field or lost their sheep or whatever.

Talk about a major frustration...please please please tell me this can be turned off.

Also, when opening a contact I don't see anywhere to confirm my contact is in fact linked to Facebook?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You can turn synchronization on or off, but it's either all or nothing. It's the same as the Live Feed in Facebook. You can confirm if a contact is linked to FB by opening the contact and clicking on the linked contacts thing (or something like that). I've already gone 2 days without the Epic, so my verbage might be slightly off, but you'll find it.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm very much a Facebook newbie (and actually have closed my account again), but I was frustrated with this as well. What I did was that I logged on to my FB account on my PC and when I got one of those notifications, I clicked on the "Hide" link next to it and it came up with an option to always hide IIRC. Unfortunately you have to do it for each game. That's the only way I figured out how to do it. I only found this out by going to the FB online help and spending hours to find the actual answer to my question.

HTH ...

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
You can turn synchronization on or off, but it's either all or nothing. It's the same as the Live Feed in Facebook. You can confirm if a contact is linked to FB by opening the contact and clicking on the linked contacts thing (or something like that). I've already gone 2 days without the Epic, so my verbage might be slightly off, but you'll find it.

ive got facebook setup to sync contacts but none of the contacts in my list are linked to facebook. anyone figure out how to link the two yet?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
The only linking I'm finding in contacts is to link a contact to another contact as a spouse, for example.

DolfanCole...thank you....I hadn't even thought about doing it that way, and truth be told I never want to see that crap so it sounds like your solution might work for me.

WHY this isn't included as a way to filter is beyond me, though. Do people really want to see that???!!!

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
ive got facebook setup to sync contacts but none of the contacts in my list are linked to facebook. anyone figure out how to link the two yet?

Once your in Contacts hit menu key then select Get Friends. This brings up another screen to select which account to get them from and then select which ones you want to link. It did take some manual linking for some of mine, mainly since my dad, brother and grandfather all have the same first name.

Last edited:

Sabban

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Once your in Contacts hit menu key then select Get Friends. This brings up another screen to select which account to get them from and then select which ones you want to link. It did take some manual linking for some of mine, mainly since my dad, brother and grandfather all have the same first name.

Thanks Pheatton, that worked perfectly

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes, THANK YOU.

Actually, I did go through and check the ones in my contacts, but I don't see anything different...

Last edited:

Comineeyeaha

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm very much a Facebook newbie (and actually have closed my account again), but I was frustrated with this as well. What I did was that I logged on to my FB account on my PC and when I got one of those notifications, I clicked on the "Hide" link next to it and it came up with an option to always hide IIRC. Unfortunately you have to do it for each game. That's the only way I figured out how to do it. I only found this out by going to the FB online help and spending hours to find the actual answer to my question.

HTH ...

I'm still on my Storm, but it's the same with that app also. But, like you said, all you have to do is hide that app/game/survey/lame thing when you're on the desktop version and it won't show up. That is, of course, if this portion of the app acts the same way as the Blackberry app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress