Connectivity issue?

revelation204

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Trouble receiving calls sometimes. Help.

I have been having some problems not receiving phone calls sometimes. I get most of my phone calls but a few times I haven't. I've have service when people call me but it ends up not ringing and no missed called notifications.....doesn't even show up in my call log.Like a few minutes ago I got a voicemail from my mom and she said she had called me twice. I haven't had this problem before rooting. I'm running sc 2.9 nv.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have been having some problems not receiving phone calls sometimes. I get most of my phone calls but a few times I haven't. I've have service when people call me but it ends up not ringing and no missed called notifications.....doesn't even show up in my call log.Like a few minutes ago I got a voicemail from my mom and she said she had called me twice. I haven't had this problem before rooting. I'm running sc 2.9 nv.

Try flashing THIS with odin (in the PDA section)

Drootz

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I had the same thing happen to me 3 times (on stock os), but it hasn't happened in about 3 weeks now. Fingers crossed it won't repeat again.

I don't know why it did it or why it stopped doing it but I am just thankful all is working again. Wish I had some advice on what to do, because it's frustrating.

You can't even tell your phones not working because email still works but texts, calls, and voicemails all stop and the notification bar shows all is working fine when it isn't.

You could try a reset/wipe, but it may or may not fix it.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me 3 times (on stock os), but it hasn't happened in about 3 weeks now. Fingers crossed it won't repeat again.

I don't know why it did it or why it stopped doing it but I am just thankful all is working again. Wish I had some advice on what to do, because it's frustrating.

You can't even tell your phones not working because email still works but texts, calls, and voicemails all stop and the notification bar shows all is working fine when it isn't.

You could try a reset/wipe, but it may or may not fix it.

i doubt that this is an actual phone problem because this has happened to me with my DX stock and my fascinate stock. Seems to me more like a Verizon problem.. im having him flash the DL09 modem just to eliminate it being a firmware issue

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have upgraded to FroYo and not sure if this is a related problem or a Verizon network problem.

Lately my phone will stop receiving calls and texts (and I would assume data updates, ie emails). Basically it will show that I have a signal (3/4 bars at home) but it just won't get calls or texts. There is no way to tell this is happening until I try to make a call or send a text myself and it fails. Obviously this is bad since people could be trying to reach me, and I won't know their calls aren't going through to me (peoples calls go straight to VM).

Is this a known issue and is there a fix? As I have Froyo I'd like to avoid going to the Verizon store since I would have to unroot.

TIA.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have upgraded to FroYo and not sure if this is a related problem or a Verizon network problem.

Lately my phone will stop receiving calls and texts (and I would assume data updates, ie emails). Basically it will show that I have a signal (3/4 bars at home) but it just won't get calls or texts. There is no way to tell this is happening until I try to make a call or send a text myself and it fails. Obviously this is bad since people could be trying to reach me, and I won't know their calls aren't going through to me (peoples calls go straight to VM).

Is this a known issue and is there a fix? As I have Froyo I'd like to avoid going to the Verizon store since I would have to unroot.

TIA.

Flash this eb01modem.tar through ODIN and see if that helps.

Reactions: sloppyart

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site

TIA.

I believe we have discussed this issue in the past and you had flashed back to stock (I think). If you have flashed back to stock and you are still having this issue it must be a hardware issue.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I believe we have discussed this issue in the past and you had flashed back to stock (I think). If you have flashed back to stock and you are still having this issue it must be a hardware issue.

Wow what a memory. I just read the thread where you tried to help him before. That was just over a month ago. Sloppy, have you had a phone with no service for a month now, or did you take the other phone back to Verizon and this is the replacement?

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Last time the issue was "no bars" ie I got the little "do not enter" sign where the bars were. This is a brand new phone (not even a refurb).

I have bars and the phone usually works fine, but a few times this week I've tried to make a call or send a text and it fails. I restart the phone and I get my missing texts and voicemails from the past few hours. There is no way to tell that I'm not getting calls because my phone says it has service (bars).

Thanks again for the help...last time was great.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Last time the issue was "no bars" ie I got the little "do not enter" sign where the bars were. This is a brand new phone (not even a refurb).

I have bars and the phone usually works fine, but a few times this week I've tried to make a call or send a text and it fails. I restart the phone and I get my missing texts and voicemails from the past few hours. There is no way to tell that I'm not getting calls because my phone says it has service (bars).

Thanks again for the help...last time was great.

oh wow this sucks that you have this problem on a new phone,,,did you flash froyo with odin or clockwork this time?

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't recall if I used Odin or Clockwork. Followed the posted instructions here.

I'm thinking this is a problem with service where I live, but I want to make sure before I unroot and start *****ing to Verizon. :p

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Don't recall if I used Odin or Clockwork. Followed the posted instructions here.

I'm thinking this is a problem with service where I live, but I want to make sure before I unroot and start *****ing to Verizon. :p

well if it takes a battery pull to get service active again i tend to think its the phone,,

what is your base and build number
this can be retrieved by
settings>about phone

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
S:i500.04 V.EA28

SCH-I500.DL30

That's not Froyo, you're still on Eclair. What method did you use? There are instructions posted in these forums for both, so we need to know more than "followed the instructions posted here" to see if the method you used to try and upgrade to Froyo has something to do with your problem. The more specific you can be, the easier it will be for us to help you.

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Since they posts about upgrading have been changed I can't say for sure. Obviously whatever I did didn't work.

I looked at what was changed in Froyo and a lot (if not all) of the upgrades are on my phone. Seems sort of odd.

This was about 3 weeks ago. I'll dig around here to see if I can find the exact thread.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
That's not Froyo, you're still on Eclair. What method did you use? There are instructions posted in these forums for both, so we need to know more than "followed the instructions posted here" to see if the method you used to try and upgrade to Froyo has something to do with your problem. The more specific you can be, the easier it will be for us to help you.

no before you got involved with the site landshark DL30 was the first version of froyo it was missing verizon bloat,,,, but he is using eclair radio with froyo build which can be ok but he should flash the froyo radio and perhaps that will help

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Since they posts about upgrading have been changed I can't say for sure. Obviously whatever I did didn't work.

I looked at what was changed in Froyo and a lot (if not all) of the upgrades are on my phone. Seems sort of odd.

This was about 3 weeks ago. I'll dig around here to see if I can find the exact thread.

Try flashing the file that landshark gave you in post #2 with odin,,,place it in the PDA section

sloppyart

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I'll try upgrading to the latest build. I'll have to try it later. I actually have to do work at work tonight. Sundays are usually slow.

ezas

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I found this thread doing a search, cuz I remembered reading about missing calls.

I just had this happen to me. Last night (in the middle of the night) I got a voicemail notification (a single one) but had 4 calls from a few days ago. I also have good coverage with WiFi and 3g when out and about and my phone is pretty much glued to my hand during the day and a foot away from my head at night.
I don't mind installing DL09 since my GPS works better with DL09.

I don't get enough phone calls to really know if going with DL09 Modem resolves the issue.

Has anyone tried going to DL09 to resolve this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699