[ROM][AOSP][10/31][JB] Bugless Beast VZW Galaxy Nexus

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bugless Beast for VZW Galaxy Nexus Updated - 1/12/2012

I just installed it. Interestingly, installing Pete's Rom, overwrote my Franco Kernel to Pete's kernel. I updated the ROM because it seemed like Franco's kernel was draining my battery too fast.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

I just installed it. Interestingly, installing Pete's Rom, overwrote my Franco Kernel to Pete's kernel. I updated the ROM because it seemed like Franco's kernel was draining my battery too fast.

custom ROMs ship with their own kernels, that's the only way to ensure the rom will work on install. If you install a custom kernel on a ROM it wasn't designed for you'll have issues.

I'm currently running franco's just to try it out. I know in previous versions of bugless though, the stock kernel was absolutely awesome. I haven't noticed any battery drain yet.

Reactions: Bigbn73

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I 'm going to try Bugless Beast the lastest nightly (1/13) anyone else updated to this one yet ?

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site

Unlocked and rooted last night and installed Bugless Beast (1/12/12 build). I'll put it through its paces this weekend.

Also installed SetCPU and decreased the screen-off max clock rate to 350MHz.

I haven't read through the whole thread - does this build of ICS 4.03 include new radios?

Either way, here's hoping for greatly improved battery life.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

Unlocked and rooted last night and installed Bugless Beast (1/12/12 build). I'll put it through its paces this weekend.

Also installed SetCPU and decreased the screen-off max clock rate to 350MHz.

I haven't read through the whole thread - does this build of ICS 4.03 include new radios?

Either way, here's hoping for greatly improved battery life.

as I understand it BB doesn't have the new radios in it. I installed those separately.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Bugless Beast for VZW Galaxy Nexus Updated - 1/13/2012

Got Bugless Beast(1/13) up and running its the first version of this rom I flashed .Im charging my battery now after got it all setup. :)

dammitcubs

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Okay so far the new rom is draining much faster than before. I'm at about 25% battery left with 9 hours standby. It did good in the beginning, giving me a flatline but now its just a linear curve.

I love android but at the same time, it bugs the hell out of me that this one stupid app keeps my phone awake. and now I have to figure out which is keeping my phone awake.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 70% with 5 hrs moderate use .I mainly been checking/using twitter,tapatalk,emails,sms .Short use of GPS .I have been on 4g 60% of the time.I don't have a lot of apps installed yet .Also used Bluetooth synced with car stereo for phone calls for lil while too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

captaincaveman

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't notice any difference. supposedly some have seen an improvement in 3G service and switching to and from LTE and 3G.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Two questions...

1. Could you post a link to those? I haven't seen them. Must have missed them.

2. Do you have to reinstall them every time you change roms?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus...maybe...depends if the network is down again

jpbass7

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: captaincaveman

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Jumped off of codename and back to bugless. I was having issues on codename. I would wake up to no alarm and my screen would not turn on. Last update I lost the performance over/under clock settings and even after flashing the gapps I would have icons for Gmail and gallery and they would say app not installed. Great rom but wasn't updating nice for me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
1/13 is very stable for me, battery life is good too. I'm using Franco's kernel with it and pushing it to 1.35 without an negative effects on battery.

Can't wait until Pete starts doing some kernel work, last I heard he hadn't started modifying it yet.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Update on my battery stats .
First off I need to say I haven't yet tweaked with the governors or volts .
I have 14 apps that I have downloaded that wasn't included in the Rom.
I have the phone on so far 16hrs and now at 32% battery left,of those 16 hrs.I was sleeping 6 hrs.
When awake using it in the moderate range.
I haven't tweaked the volts and etc.yet cuz I need to see how much actual improvement I can actually do.
I'm happy with the battery life so far as it is. :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Also this Rom is working flawless for me.Bug smooth no lags very responsive .

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
with light use not bad. Had to stream video at the end just to kill it off. 3 and a hour hours screen time stock battery. First 5 hours I was sleeping :p
43541cb6-485c-4528.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jpbass7

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

tnt, that looks a lot like what I got today. If that's where we are before any kernel tweaks, I'm excited about the future of this rom.

Edit: I realize he has a custom kernel now, but I don't think there has been a lot of tweaking yet. That is all.

Last edited: