[MOD] Remove Verizon Wireless***Updated 3/20 All Roms***

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: [MOD] Removed VerizonWireless From Lock and Drop Down

Awesome, the Google one looks great! One side effect...I get signed out of all my Accounts...is that supposed to happen?

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Awesome, the Google one looks great! One side effect...I get signed out of all my Accounts...is that supposed to happen?

I had it happen a few times but not all. Not sure why but a quick login again is much better than having the Verizon crap.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mtmjr90

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I had it happen a few times but not all. Not sure why but a quick login again is much better than having the Verizon crap.

Oh yeah for sure:) For those of us with 2 step authentication though... it's an extra step, but one I'm willing to take! Thanks again.

vwdriver67

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

ok please help me I messed something up big time and now im stuck at boot up. I changed the permissions on the framework-res.apk and unchecked them all after i was having no lock removing the verizon logo. I made sure to make a back up before i tried this but when i try and enter recovery i get a RED ! over the android any ideas??? I THINK i can get it back to stock but i would like to use that backup that i have to restore it

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
ok please help me I messed something up big time and now im stuck at boot up. I changed the permissions on the framework-res.apk and unchecked them all after i was having no lock removing the verizon logo. I made sure to make a back up before i tried this but when i try and enter recovery i get a RED ! over the android any ideas??? I THINK i can get it back to stock but i would like to use that backup that i have to restore it

Never got the red ! Before. Not sure how to get around it. You should be able to flash a backup if you can get it. Even if you wipe I'm not sure if it deletes that part if the phones memory since its like a SD card. I would hope it leaves that section alone. Let me know what happens

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

It's been some time since I made some mods but I wanted to share this. It is for stock framework. It will remove VerizonWireless from your lock screen and your drop down. Install is simple. Download the file and and place on your phone. Using root explorer find the framework file and copy it. Then go into system/framework and paste. Before you paste make sure you are in R/W mode. Once you hit paste it will just reboot. Give it a moment and it will boot back up and it will look like in the photos.
No Verizon - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Google - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Galaxy Nexus - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Stock - MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service
Click to view quoted image

How did you get the power center/controls in your notification bar? Totally doing the stock one with that in mine tomorrow.

bhfd64

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

"Google" version worked great for me on AndroidRevolution HD and stuck after reboot. Thanks! :)

Reactions: tntdroid

tysoncrosby21

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I just copy/pasted the google one on stock rooted/unlocked 4.0.2 and now get stuck on constant boot animation.....

Reflashed recovery and restored to a backup I made before messing with this, phone is up and running but back to Verizon. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
I just copy/pasted the google one on stock rooted/unlocked 4.0.2 and now get stuck on constant boot animation.....

Reflashed recovery and restored to a backup I made before messing with this, phone is up and running but back to Verizon. Any suggestions?

How long did the animation go for? I had it boot for a minute or two. The stock animation is sometimes hard to tell if boot looping. Once you copy and paste if it didn't reboot just start hitting the back button. Should then freeze and reboot. Also check the permissions so they are set to read and write. Since you have the backup try it again. As always good thing you made one. Hopefully it will work for you. I just flashed a new rom so I'm back to the Verizon wireless :( need to do some work tomorrow and fix that .

tysoncrosby21

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I let the animation go for almost 5 minutes. It immediateley rebooted after pasting and I checked permissions to make sure they were checked exactly as described in the picture previous.

number3pencil

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site

Could you please tell me where in the APK that the 'verizon wireless' strings are located. I have found the lockscreen 'roaming indicator' and was able to replace it, but where is the other one for the pull-down screen.

I'm trying to remove 'Verizon Wireless' from Axiom V2.2 by decompiling the framework apk. If you know of an easier way, please lemme know.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Could you please tell me where in the APK that the 'verizon wireless' strings are located. I have found the lockscreen 'roaming indicator' and was able to replace it, but where is the other one for the pull-down screen.

I'm trying to remove 'Verizon Wireless' from Axiom V2.2 by decompiling the framework apk. If you know of an easier way, please lemme know.

System/framework/framework-res.apk/Res/xml. You will want to pull the Eri.XML file. Using a xml editor (forgot what one I use) you will see the code on the left and the text break down on the right. Find the Verizon wireless line and overwrite it or space over all the text to erase it. Then drop the file back into the folder with 7zip and save it. Push the framework-res.apk file back to the phone or copy paste over the stock.

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If having a issue with this sticking make sure the permissions are set like this. Then reboot.

Are you sure the permissions aren't supposed to be rw-r-r-- ?

I looked at mine, and those are the permissions of mine before I flash. It might help everyone who has had problems?