I bought a Nexus on CL for Verizon and it came moded

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
The phone has the cyanogenmod 9 which I just found out about it. I received a rep today from Verizon because the phone was causing me issues. Verizon had not removed my warranty for the previous phone so I was lucky to get a rep for a phone I bought from another person.

I got the rep today but noticed differences in terms of what I could do on the moded one. I did not even know it was modded until I looked into it further.

I need to return the moded phone but i want to remove the mod so that I dont get in trouble.

Will Verizon give me problems.

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
No the new rep they sent is not moded. It is on 4.02 the phone i bought is moded but I had no idea since I am also a noob when it comes to these things.

The phone was in great condition and with the box and cables. But It had issues with drop calls and when rebooting the message rom error would sometimes come up.

I got the rep and want to keep it and wait till 4..03 comes out with Verizon but they gave me 5 days to return the defective one which i see that it is rooted with the words cyanogenmod 9 on the settings file

I just have no clue how to root or even unroot the phone.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i would send the replacement back if you cannot return the one you bought back to stock...the last thing you need is a full retail cost of device on your next bill

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping to avoid returning the replacement since I was having some issues with the bought one. I will try when I get home to do the unroot that was posted in this thread.

If I cannot figure it out then I will have to return the replacement which sucks

tdiggitydog

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to unroot easily. To figure out how to get your computer to recognize the device with "adb" just look up step by step instructions on how to "ROOT" the gnex, which should being with how install sdk, etc. etc. It sounds complicated but its actually very easy. Good Luck.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
unrooting or relocking the phone won't return it to stock or remove CM9

Maybe WUG 1.2 also does restores, not sure , haven't used it.

You probably want this...it'll return the phone to the state it was when it came out of the box

Galaxy Nexus Toolkit Updated To V4.0, Now Installs Drivers Automatically | xda-developers

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

If you go through adb and unroot and relock it will put your phone back to stock because you use the stock files to go back. I've done this and I'm completely back to stock.

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I have not looked through all of the references already given to you. But it never hurts to have one more. Droid-life.com also has instructions for how to return the phone to stock. Should be pretty easy to find with a search over there. The hardest part is getting the drivers set up to work with adb. You will think you have it but then have to load them again once the process is started. Not too bad really.

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site