Any issues using gWallet on 4.2.1 builds?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've used gWallet hundreds of times since launch day without issue, but the last few times I've tried to use it, I've only looked like a dumb@ss rather than the usual blowing of the clerk's mind. I may not have had the NFC toggle on some of these times it didn't work...so deseved of dumb@ss, but the last time I made sure to check the toggle and the NFC checkbox in settings to ensure it was on. Didn't work. This was at three different terminals I've used it at successfully in the past, green lights lit, so I'm fairly sure it's my device or really the rom/kernel combo. I keep the same apk until a newer version is released (currently 1.5-R87-v15) and this version/apk has worked in the past, allows me to setup and add my cards, say google secure element version v1.6 in settings, etc. etc. (always reset app and/or delete data before flashing a new rom). All looks well. So I'm thinking it's the rom/kernel. Does that makes sense or is that even a possibility? I've been running the aokp linaro build with franco's latest kernel. I haven't tried it on 12/25 r356 yet. Maybe Google's servers just happened to be down that day or something? Ideas?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Im not saying this is the problem in your case, but have you been signing out of Google Wallet before wiping/flashing? I was told by 2def that you can brick NFC or wallet capabilities if you dont clear the secure element before flashing by signing out on google wallet. It does not happen every time, but i remember saying it happened to him after 15-20 flashes. Till this day im not sure what causes it, since it does not happen right away.

PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets! - xda-developers

Here is an example from xda evo forums. Same thing he explained to me that can happen with the gnex.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Im not saying this is the problem in your case, but have you been signing out of Google Wallet before wiping/flashing? I was told by 2def that you can brick NFC or wallet capabilities if you dont clear the secure element before flashing by signing out on google wallet. It does not happen every time, but i remember saying it happened to him after 15-20 flashes. Till this day im not sure what causes it, since it does not happen right away.

PSA: Clear Google Wallet Settings Before Flashing ROM/Hard Resets! - xda-developers

Here is an example from xda evo forums. Same thing he explained to me that can happen with the gnex.

Yeah, I always reset, wipe, and uninstall it before flashing. I know my secure element is fine. So you're saying you used Wallet on 4.2.1 without issue? Which rom/kernel combo so I can flash it to rule rom/kernel out. Thanks.