LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Do we really think Vzw will "allow" a nexus device on their network that they can not control?

Yes, if Google pays them enough. They let the Motorola Droid and Motorola Xoom on their network. Only thing they control on those devices are pricing and contribute to the update process.

Added note: I'd most likely pass on the Nexus Prime if it has a 4.6" display. That's just too much. It better have an HD display if its going to be that big. That would make consider it again.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes, if Google pays them enough. They let the Motorola Droid and Motorola Xoom on their network. Only thing they control on those devices are pricing and contribute to the update process.

Added note: I'd most likely pass on the Nexus Prime if it has a 4.6" display. That's just too much. It better have an HD display if its going to be that big. That would make consider it again.

it will supposedly have super amoled hd screen. but, don't forget that they are eliminating the soft menu/home/back/search buttons and incorporating them into the screen. so, the space taken up by those buttons can be subsumed into the screen, and the physical dimensions of the device won't change noticeably.

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I am wondering who is the manufacturer for this Nexus? LG is next in line and they are not favorable on my list of good phone manufacturer.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering who is the manufacturer for this Nexus? LG is next in line and they are not favorable on my list of good phone manufacturer.

There is no line. So far every major phone manufacturer has sent in a prototype candidate for the Nexus Prime. LG and Sony Ericcson are at the bottom of the barrel. My guess is Samsung or HTC. Aside from this rumor, last I heard was that the manufacturer still hasn't been picked. Also, each prototype has different specs. Take this with a huge grain of salt for now.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
atta boy! the Prime certainly has jumped to the top of my list...
can't pass up a Nexus device. Plus Samsung is making it. What more could I ask for.

My wait continues. This is becoming the story of my life. I swear Husker I SHOULD be purchasing something this year. All signs point to it....

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this throws a wrench into everything. I would hate having to wait until October, but this phone basically has everything I love about the S2 and then adds onto it. Only thing I didn't like about the specs is it look likes the cameras, both front and back, took a bit of a hit.

I think a big factor for me might be whether the S2 has LTE or not. I might also just get the S2 and sell it after the prime comes out, but it seems silly to take the financial hit for such a short time.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
can't pass up a Nexus device. Plus Samsung is making it. What more could I ask for.

My wait continues. This is becoming the story of my life. I swear Husker I SHOULD be purchasing something this year. All signs point to it....

*knock on wood, for chrissake; knock on wood!!!!!!!! if the Prime doesn't come out this year, it will be because CK jinxed it... :cool:

i haven't paid much attention because Nexus devices have never been on VZW - but, i'm assuming that the developer support for Nexus devices is pretty stout???

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
*knock on wood, for chrissake; knock on wood!!!!!!!! if the Prime doesn't come out this year, it will be because CK jinxed it... :cool:

i haven't paid much attention because Nexus devices have never been on VZW - but, i'm assuming that the developer support for Nexus devices is pretty stout???

Yes it is not to mention unlocked and always getting the latest updates before everyone else.