New App for Facebook Hi-Res Photo syncing - "Haxsync"

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
tony bag o donuts: I think that's just a coincidence, but there is indeed a case where the pictures are lower-res and not updated correctly:
If the contact doesn't allow 3rd-Party-Apps access to his/her galleries (in his/her privacy settings), HaxSync can't access the high-res version of the image and the corresponding timestamp.
In those cases, it'll fall back to the lower-res image available without gallery access. Unfortunately, this doesn't provide a valid timestamp, so HaxSync doesn't know when to update the contact image.

karfam: I'll see what I can do, but to be totally honest I have quite a few higher-priority features in mind right now.

had to reflash my phone....didn't install skype..all contacts updated.
I may try skype later to see if it does in fact do it.

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I enabled the birthday and event syncing in the newest version and it seemed to work but the birthdays show up on my calendar in bright pink, is there any way I can change this color?

davidsnoodles

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Had too many people not syncing over from Facebook, don't know what happened. How to go through manually and match them up to my contacts in my phone book. This happened even with the Fuzziness set to very strong.

nickpiper05

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Does this work with MeDroid ICS Rom for the Nexus One? I'm trying to get it to sync now but having issues getting it to work. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hakimy

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the great app.however I noticed 2 things:
1-not everyone takes advantage of the new social API.meaning that it doesn't show any status update for some of my contacts.
2-even if the app does and some of my contacts get status update in a magazine style,it only happens for the first sync but after that no matter how many times I sync their status won't update.
Am I doing something wrong or those are bugs with the app?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It hasn't been working for me either lately. Not sure why. :confused:

Sent from one of the following: Galaxy Nexus, Bionic or Xoom using Tapatalk.

Part Four

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to change the default red color of Haxsync calendar event entries? The red is really killing the look for me. It doesn't match my color scheme at all. Great app otherwise. Thanks.

Last edited:

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hakimy: the status updates are synced on-demand, i.e. as you show the persons detail view, which might take a while. this is the way google recommends, as always syncing everything would eat away your battery quite quickly.
Profile Photos not refreshing are a symptom of friends with restricted privacy settings - if HaxSync can't access their galleries, it can't read out the photos timestamp and doesn't know when to replace the photo.
Part Four: HaxSync 2.1 (to be released soon) will feature customizable calendar colors.

Hakimy

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
so what I'm supposed to do exactly? I have some friends with status from 4 weeks and their status haven't been updated since then.I click on accounts & sync toggle on and I choose one of my friends and view his contact updates and nothing happens.and if you have noticed,I'm not the only one having this issue.

another weird thing I noticed which is kinda related to this issue,is that when haxsync works for some of my friends or my "me" profile I can click on a certain status and haxsync will open their status from the facebook app.but for those which haxsync didn't update their status yet,when I click on their old status it shows an error and that facebook had to be closed! :S

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, that sounds like there is a bigger problem going on in the background. Could you try removing and readding your HaxSync account in "Accounts & sync"? My migration routine from 1.x to 2.x isn't as perfect as I'd hoped and causes issues in some rare cases.

Reactions: Hakimy

Hakimy

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it's working now.I guess the problem I had earlier is that I didn't want to use the calendar feature so I didn't accept the new permissions and this one caused those issues with status sync so I guess it was my fault :p
thanks for your help and lets hope that it will work properly from now on ;)

motsrox

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh, yes, if you don't accept the new permissions, nothing will work. I guess I should write a disclaimer before displaying the authorization dialog. Let's say it was both our fault ;P