Really slow data?

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It's been a while since I'd tested this but I'm seeing a data issue. I'm on stock jelly bean.

My 4g signal is not bad right now.. (like -83 dBm) it's been somewhat improved on these new radios

The problem is I'm getting like only 11m download speed ... I'm used to seeing a minimum of 20-25 in the -80s and up to twice that with strong signals (-60ish)... did Verizon's data get axed or is it jellybean?

I don't recall trying any speed tests when I was on custom jb builds, or the week or so before the update after having to go back on stock ICS to deal with Verizon... this is my first test I can recall on jellybean. So it may have not changed since the update.

I'm thinking it's the network and wondering when it started to get this slow

Anyone seeing slower 4g data relative to signal with Verizon lately? (I'm near Seattle)

Maybe the iPhone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So I've heard from someone I spoke to that the massive load from new iPhones is taking its toll on lte speeds... honestly I'm still happy enough 11m is still crazy fast though... though not tons faster than a good hspa+ which used to be bragging rights. Lol

Either way my performance still rocks

trailblazen

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Ill be honest im actually getting better reception and speed since i just went to JB an hour ago. Went from roughly 2 bars since i have had the phone on ICS to full bars after update in my office at work. Im extremely happy with the update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Android Central Forums

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I was getting really slow speeds after the upgrade - even the market was crawling... i called in and asked them to reset me on the network and it fixed it right up, back up to the 25 + here in NYC

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Ill be honest im actually getting better reception and speed since i just went to JB an hour ago. Went from roughly 2 bars since i have had the phone on ICS to full bars after update in my office at work. Im extremely happy with the update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 using Android Central Forums

Yeah I didn't have reception issues but even mine got better its just a lot slower speeds, less than half, relative to my speeds on the same signal level before...

I doubt its jellybean but more likely the iPhone launch... if it was signal that'd be a different story.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I was getting really slow speeds after the upgrade - even the market was crawling... i called in and asked them to reset me on the network and it fixed it right up, back up to the 25 + here in NYC

Dang, 25+ in NYC??? Here in DC with 4 bars I have only ever managed 9Mbps -- usually 7 or 8. I've only ever seen more than 20 in much less populated areas in Virginia and Pennsylvania. That fast in NYC seems nuts to me.

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Thank you for this info... how slow were you getting?

vivek615

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Dang, 25+ in NYC??? Here in DC with 4 bars I have only ever managed 9Mbps -- usually 7 or 8. I've only ever seen more than 20 in much less populated areas in Virginia and Pennsylvania. That fast in NYC seems nuts to me.

Interesting how much the speed varies in different places... 25+ is pretty decent in Seattle but 40ish seems optimal... 4g should be delivering 100+ really

Csan508

May 12, 2012
Visit site
You know what the real problem is it's verzion they still have there 2009 tower's I bet you that you will get less and less. Now I am not trolling for sprint but when they announced network Vision. Everyone and their mom said that they suck but just watch verzion. Will have to play catch up same with att

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non