Verizon removed Wifi toggle?

wildgoose007

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I had briefly used a Galaxy S3, and one of the really annoying thing that Verizon seems to have done is to remove the wifi toggle in the notification area.

I finally saw the Verizon Note2 in the store, and guess what, there's no Wifi toggle in the notification area, just like the S3. Everything else is there, mobile data, gps, bluetooth, etc. I've seen the Note2 in the AT&T store, and the Wifi toggle is there.

So someone at Verizon, in their infinite wisdom, must have thought that by removing this option, it will benefit Verizon's bottom line in some way... Like you won't be bothered to turn it off as often??

I hope I am simply wong, and the button is missing due to misconfiguration of the unit on display. Can anyone who have the unit confirm/deny whether this is true?

Thanks!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I had briefly used a Galaxy S3, and one of the really annoying thing that Verizon seems to have done is to remove the wifi toggle in the notification area.

I finally saw the Verizon Note2 in the store, and guess what, there's no Wifi toggle in the notification area, just like the S3. Everything else is there, mobile data, gps, bluetooth, etc. I've seen the Note2 in the AT&T store, and the Wifi toggle is there.

So someone at Verizon, in their infinite wisdom, must have thought that by removing this option, it will benefit Verizon's bottom line in some way... Like you won't be bothered to turn it off as often??

I hope I am simply wong, and the button is missing due to misconfiguration of the unit on display. Can anyone who have the unit confirm/deny whether this is true?

Thanks!
This is true but nothing 10 mins of rooting and moving a file cant solve

SupperDroid

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It's there... swipe the notification bar and you will see WiFi is off, click to turn on. Swipe again and click on the WiFi network that is connected and the turn it off. Not as clean as before but it is there.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Guys just unlock the bootloader and take back full control of your device
Who cares what verizon does and doesnt do

Im running beans new rom and the notification area is a million times cleaner ...wifi toggle is back ..and no annoying ongoing notification

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

Im running beans new rom and the notification area is a million times cleaner ...wifi toggle is back ..and no annoying ongoing notification

Many people prefer to remain stock.

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
If you hold down that notification you can force close it and its gone.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Not for me... hold the wifi part down in notifications, app info, force stop. Doesnt come back till a reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DaRkL3AD3R

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I agree 100%. Screw Verizon, I pay for their service which should be enough already for them to leave my device alone. But no, they gotta go and butcher it with their advertising, bloatware, and stupid nonsensical modifications to the software like this one.

Happily unlocked my device and installed custom firmware to enjoy. I am looking forward to the day I can strip that stupid "Verizon Wireless" branding off my notification drop down.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I agree 100%. Screw Verizon, I pay for their service which should be enough already for them to leave my device alone. But no, they gotta go and butcher it with their advertising, bloatware, and stupid nonsensical modifications to the software like this one.

Happily unlocked my device and installed custom firmware to enjoy. I am looking forward to the day I can strip that stupid "Verizon Wireless" branding off my notification drop down.

same here, once that garbage in the notification drop down is gone there won't remain anything else from verizon on my device
they are useful for nothing but an internet connection... the sooner they realize this the better

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see the big deal here.
Yes, the wifi toggle made turning wifi on/off easy, but there are apps that do the very same thing.
The pulldown notification didn't bother me, and now that it's gone, I miss it because I could use it to easily switch between my 5 and 2.4 bands.
You only see the pulldown notification when you use the pulldown, that hardly seems like a thing to hate in my eyes.
Now if they still has the pop-up notification every time we entered an app that used data I could understand.

To me, complaining about the pulldown notification is as bad as complaining about the logo on the button.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana