Notification issue with email

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com
Hello, new to the rezound but not to android htc phones. I have looked all through the phone and the menus but can't find a way to turn off sounds for email notifications. There isn't even a choice for silent or none in the sounds menu. Anyone have any ideas on how to turn off email notifications?

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If your using the HTC mail app, open it, menu, more, settings, notification settings, and uncheck notification sound.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
More>Settings>under Account Settings, click on the user account>Scroll down to notification settings. If notifications is checked, click on labels to notify and edit to your liking.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Again those options are not available. Not the htc mail app. This is the Gmail app

Those steps are done from within the Gmail app itself, not Accounts & Sync. It's not the same settings menu that HTC mail references in Accounts & Sync settings. There's a bit more options available in the Gmail app. Open the Gmail app and follow the steps to see what I'm saying.

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Those steps are done from within the Gmail app itself, not Accounts & Sync. It's not the same settings menu that HTC mail references in Accounts & Sync settings. There's a bit more options available in the Gmail app. Open the Gmail app and follow the steps to see what I'm saying.

I agree with this gentleman. To narrow it down even more, follow this path;
GMail App > (Hit menu button) > ... More > Settings > JoeSchmo@gmail.com > Labels to Notify > Inbox > Ringtone
From there, choose silent.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Here you go....
Settings> Sound> Volume> then uncheck "use incomimg call volume for notification".

This allows you to seperately control email notification.s But this will also silence text notifications as well as email.

Kinolay

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank you so much, ladies and gents! Early morning emails have been terrorizing me! I didn't realize there we're additional settings available by clicking on the specific email account once I got into the settings menu.