Unlocking GSM capabilities of the Rezound

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Glad it worked well for you. your results seem in line with what others have reported for the stock rom.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

anon(20593)

May 6, 2010
Visit site
So, can I use a stock VZW Rezound on a GSM network abroad? Basically, just walk into a GSM carrier's store, buy a SIM card, put it in my VZW Rezound and be ready to go? How do I get the phone unlocked in case that is necessary? And after unlocking, do I need to do something to get the GSM to work? I would rather not root if I can avoid it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The rezound comes factory sim unlocked. For use on gsm for voice and receive but not sending sms and no data, simply follow the directions I posted earlier in the thread. No need to root for this method.

So, can I use a stock VZW Rezound on a GSM network abroad? Basically, just walk into a GSM carrier's store, buy a SIM card, put it in my VZW Rezound and be ready to go? How do I get the phone unlocked in case that is necessary? And after unlocking, do I need to do something to get the GSM to work? I would rather not root if I can avoid it.

Otto Fernandez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey some help needed I have a s-off rooted rezound but I'm trying to use redpocket mobile on it I got the calls and internet to work and also txt but I can't receive MMS. Can any one help please and that k you

- - - Updated - - -

Hey some help needed I have a s-off rooted rezound but I'm trying to use redpocket mobile on it I got the calls and internet to work and also txt but I can't recovery Kmart. Can any one help please and that k you

waniuszy

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Another report of a Rezound in GSM mode.
I am currently in Europe/Poland and bought a prepaid card for PlusGSM carrier. LTE On/off switched to gsm auto (PRL) and immediatelly had signal. Went to APN settings and my Verizon default APN was gone. Pressing hardware menu button brought up a menu that had "Add" as one of them. Manually entered data received from carrier and BAM! : Hspa+ mode popped up and I had fully working data.tested speed and had 5Mbps reliably. PlusGSM offers LTE but not where I was so I can't report on that.
SMS did not work, even after entering SMSC number using LTE On/Off program.Interestingly, as soon as I try to send a text message, I immediatelly loose ALL signal. Switching radio off and back on showed signal for few seconds and it went back off again. The only way to fix this was to delete the unsuccessful text message.
All this on OTA Verizon rom. Rooted and HTC Dev S-Off but don't think this had anything to do with it.

GunnerXxX

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I am using my HTC Rezound Verizon phone on Net10 and everything works......I had to work with the settings but phone internet and mms all work just fine. The only thing I found out.......was you can't send pictures using the default messaging program on the phone,I had to download the Facebook Messenger app which add's your phone contacts and facebook contacts to the same program and once I got my settings right I can send and receive pictures using that program instead of the default messaging program.

Mike Jackson3

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
I want to use a Verizon htc rezound on my Net10 . what steps do I take ? Bring your own phone only has sims for T-Mobile and at&t . My rezound has a place for sim . Knowing the steps I need to take would be helpful. must I unlock the phone? thanks

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to use a Verizon htc rezound on my Net10 . what steps do I take ? Bring your own phone only has sims for T-Mobile and at&t . My rezound has a place for sim . Knowing the steps I need to take would be helpful. must I unlock the phone? thanks
The phone is already SIM unlocked, Verizon phones are not "locked". The unlocking that is commonly referred to is to unlock the bootloader, this is not required for GSM but is for rooting/ROMing the phone.

You should use an AT&T SIM if possible, the Rezound does not support T-Mobile's 3G network (1700Mhz AWS) but does support AT&T's 3G HSPA network to a limited extent. Without significant root access and significant tweaking, only expect Edge network access on either network (80-200Kbps). The Rezound does not have radios tuned for US GSM frequencies, so even with excellent signal on other GSM phones, the Rezound struggles with 3G network connections on US networks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non