HTC Rep: Thunderbolt Android 2.3 Update Pulled Back, No Estimated

ghamden

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
HTC Rep: Thunderbolt Android 2.3 Update Pulled Back, No Estimated Time Frame for Relaunch

HTC Rep: Thunderbolt Android 2.3 Update Pulled Back, No Estimated Time Frame for Relaunch - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Sounds like a another load of BS

Devs have working versions of GB with sense 3.0 and sense 2.1 or a hybrid of both working flawlessly

with sudden price drops as low as 50.00 for new customers i think we may be seeing an early death of TB and TB 2 no to far off

From what i have read the reboot issue is pretty much a dead issue since mr2 now that a possible mr3 radio leak is out and also an mr3 gb leak both of which work great onl known issue no voice mail notification.

I see alot of POed TB owners nor getting what was advertised a fully functionig TB with video conferencing capabilites-- what the heck is the front facing camera for with no avaiable software to make it usefull.

this is wht happens when companies become arrogant and think they can do wat ever thay want and do this becuase they are never really called on it i sayb now is the time to calling VZ and VZ corperate lets welcomethe New CEO with our displeasure of the TB almost 4 months after relaese still not what was advertised....

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC Rep: Thunderbolt Android 2.3 Update Pulled Back, No Estim

Devs have working versions of GB with sense 3.0 and sense 2.1 or a hybrid of both working flawlessly

From what i have read the reboot issue is pretty much a dead issue since mr2 now that a possible mr3 radio leak is out and also an mr3 gb leak both of which work great onl known issue no voice mail notification.

I see alot of POed TB owners nor getting what was advertised a fully functionig TB with video conferencing capabilites-- what the heck is the front facing camera for with no avaiable software to make it usefull.

I've tried all of the major GB ROMS out there, and while there are several that are excellent, there isn't a single one out there that works flawlessly. Can you imagine the uproar if HTC/Verizon released an update where some of the notifications didn't work? Or the camera didn't work? Sure, to those that root there phones these things are usually acceptable, a small price to pay. The vast majority of people though don't root their phones and would be outraged with an update with issues like that. The point being HTC/Verizon have to have it as close to perfect as they think they can when they release it, they don't have the option of releasing a new build every week or two until they get it right.

I'm just curious about your rage over the delay of Gingerbread, what does it have that you want so bad? I mean is some phones it has produced better battery life and performance, but in others it has decreased battery life and been buggy as can be. It's been stated several times that the T-Bolt isn't going to get Sense 3.0, actually they said no single core phone would get Sense 3.0 but who knows. We aren't even sure what the official version of Sense 2.1 will bring to the table. I hope Gingerbread brings the under the hood improvements we are all hoping for, but personally I would much rather wait on a working version than the bug filled version going out to most devices.

As far as no available software to utilize the front facing camera, I'm with you on that but you can't blame HTC/Verizon for that. They can't make developers such as Skype, or others, make a working app for it.

Reactions: Chiefmcfuz

ghamden

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site

I've tried all of the major GB ROMS out there, and while there are several that are excellent, there isn't a single one out there that works flawlessly. Can you imagine the uproar if HTC/Verizon released an update where some of the notifications didn't work? Or the camera didn't work? Sure, to those that root there phones these things are usually acceptable, a small price to pay. The vast majority of people though don't root their phones and would be outraged with an update with issues like that. The point being HTC/Verizon have to have it as close to perfect as they think they can when they release it, they don't have the option of releasing a new build every week or two until they get it right.

I'm just curious about your rage over the delay of Gingerbread, what does it have that you want so bad? I mean is some phones it has produced better battery life and performance, but in others it has decreased battery life and been buggy as can be. It's been stated several times that the T-Bolt isn't going to get Sense 3.0, actually they said no single core phone would get Sense 3.0 but who knows. We aren't even sure what the official version of Sense 2.1 will bring to the table. I hope Gingerbread brings the under the hood improvements we are all hoping for, but personally I would much rather wait on a working version than the bug filled version going out to most devices.

As far as no available software to utilize the front facing camera, I'm with you on that but you can't blame HTC/Verizon for that. They can't make developers such as Skype, or others, make a working app for it.

I suggest yo try this one

[ROM] [MikRoms] Gingeritis 3D v1.0 Beta V [07-23-11] New Gingerbread Base!!

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site

I tried that rom, got stuck in a bootloop after accounts setup and when the phone tries to load sense. Couldn't get past it so I restored my backup of Gingeritis 1.2x which is working great.

Chiefmcfuz

Jun 28, 2010
www.manhattanreefs.com

I hope Gingerbread brings the under the hood improvements we are all hoping for, but personally I would much rather wait on a working version than the bug filled version going out to most devices.

I agree 100000000000000%

Let them get as close to perfect and then give it to us.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried that rom, got stuck in a bootloop after accounts setup and when the phone tries to load sense. Couldn't get past it so I restored my backup of Gingeritis 1.2x which is working great.

Does camera, led notifications, sound notifications, Bluetooth, etc. All work as in a stock phone?

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

And youz guyz say rooting and romming is the way to go? Ugh, reading through the various posts around here, it doesn't sound like much fun if you just want your phone to work and not be messing around with it all the time. :p Not my cup of tea. Then again, I don't tinker around with cars or computers anymore either! :)

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

And youz guyz say rooting and romming is the way to go? Ugh, reading through the various posts around here, it doesn't sound like much fun if you just want your phone to work and not be messing around with it all the time. :p Not my cup of tea. Then again, I don't tinker around with cars or computers anymore either! :)

It's definitely not for everyone that's for sure. For some people, it's fun.

CMRobinson

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site

Hasn't worked out the way they planned, I'm sure. With the flow of technology turning from a trickle to a geyser it's tough to accept a blockage in the flow, that's what our bolts are turning into. Other phones are in development to be sure and are probably working better, thanks to the failures of our phone. That's how it goes sometimes, those of us from the BB world understand full well how this works.

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

It does burn my butt a little to think I got.the storm of.the Android world.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site

I agree completely. The T-bolt is a little different than my Incredible. I was running the Virtuous ROM. My reason was it didn't have the crappy bloatware and was still stock and everything worked still. I have yet to find a ROM for the T-bolt that did not have a list of items that didn't work and then when fixed broke other items.

Verizon and HTC can not afford to release a GB ROM that is not working 100%. Look at the delay on the initial release date being pushed back and back. Its just being carried over to the OTAs now.

ambushbug73

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Qik and tango both work for video calls.

I've seen many people saying one or the other of those work for them, wish I had that kind of luck with them. We have two Thunderbolts and have tried both apps a few times, figuring updates would make them better, but have had little luck. Qik was very laggy and audio cut out constantly. The video on Tango was much better, but we got constant feedback even after lowering the volume like some suggested.

TCM

May 1, 2011
Visit site

I've seen many people saying one or the other of those work for them, wish I had that kind of luck with them. We have two Thunderbolts and have tried both apps a few times, figuring updates would make them better, but have had little luck. Qik was very laggy and audio cut out constantly. The video on Tango was much better, but we got constant feedback even after lowering the volume like some suggested.

Try Fring.