SKYPE - When it is ready

racinbill

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Folks, I know we heard that Skype may/will not be working at launch. But can you tell me, will this be a fee based service? Will it depend on network connection (4G vs wifi)? I have not used skype before but checked the info online and it said via PC it is free but I have to assume they will want to charge us for it via mobile?

odiej34

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Folks, I know we heard that Skype may/will not be working at launch. But can you tell me, will this be a fee based service? Will it depend on network connection (4G vs wifi)? I have not used skype before but checked the info online and it said via PC it is free but I have to assume they will want to charge us for it via mobile?
4G to 4G only. (Includes computers) Kind of weak if you ask me..

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
On the Verizon preview landing page for the Bolt, regarding Skype, it states it can do smartphone to PC, vice versa, and smartphone to smartphone. It states it will work via 4G or "4G Wifi". No idea what they mean by the latter.

ssplumb

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I know they have come up with a hack that will make a phone think it is 4g so you can do video chat in 3g. I think it is for the evo.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Skillz1318

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I would think it would work over 3G. On my iPhone 4 I can video chat with my fianc? from iPhone to pc when I'm on 3G.

I hope it works cause that's a big reason I want the thunderbolt as I travel a lot for work.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Think I've seen a sneaky tweet by the panda stating skype bought fring for their compression technology for this to work over 3g

Last edited:

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I heard it will work over 3g. And to the OP. Skype is a free service. They charge you for phone calls, but that is only for their desktop client. No worries. We don't have to worry about paying extra for video chat.......yet :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Me2s