HTC Weather widget not updating location

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
anyone else having issues with this? running The PerfectStorm1.2. Location settings are on, not GPS. Tried rebooting multiple times and tried deleting and re-adding the widget. Any help is appreciated.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It does that quite often... very annoying.

Try this •> menu - settings -applications -manage applications - all - weather app. Clear data, and/or cache.

If this doesn't work then 'force stop sense' it will then revert only your display settings. That should fix it.

This has been an ongoing problem with HTC sense. Google or HTC need to do something about this problem. You could report this matter to HTC.

PS. Not even a reset could fix this problem permanently.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Really? Sometimes mine updates too much. I live in a pretty populated area so mine will switch between about 4 or 5 locations. They are all close to me so that's not the issue, it just seems that the phone jumps towers and the weather updates based on the tower.

SoDev

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Mines wrong sometimes.... in fact, it's wrong now!

I just held the widget and drug it down to edit and hit the current location and hit done and it fixed it. Wonder if that always works?

Also, maybe going to menu>settings>accounts&sync>weather and refresh it will work? How does update schedule affect this? The shortest time is one hour.

Last edited:

Nidaja

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Mine has only started being late to update to location in the last 2 days. Previously, it worked like a charm.

Another indication as far as I'm concerned that there is a lot of behind the scense network tinkering going on.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine used to show current location very well up until the past few days. Now it just shows my state. Been driving me nuts trying to figure out why.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Mine used to show current location very well up until the past few days. Now it just shows my state. Been driving me nuts trying to figure out why.

Me too! Occasionally it'll show a different state all together and my clock will change with it. There are a few posts about this in the forum so I hope that everyone goes to to HTC site and lets them know! Otherwise I fear issues like this will never actually get fixed...only talked about and discussed by many with no solution. It only takes a moment to contact HTC. Lets get this fixed.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked fine up until a couple days ago too. Now I get "Current Location" for the city and random temps and forecasts. Like right now, it says 80 degrees and sunny all week. I live in Cleveland, where it's 35 and rainy all week. WHY DO YOU TORMENT ME, HTC?! :(

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Try doing a battery pull and then once rebooted refresh the weather service. I noticed this happening after turning the Airplane mode on and off. It seems sometimes it shuts some apps down and they wont re start on there own unless you reboot the handset.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The other day my location was Russia (In Russian no less). I know NYC is considered the melting pot but that is a little ridiculous!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@ AisforAustin...Did you 'force stop sense' this should refresh the entire system and restart any application that might have been (accidentally) force stop... thus causing this problem.

PS. It's quite obvious that there is a problem with the weather application ... and need some assistance from HTC.

Go ahead and click the HTC link posted above -

AisforAustin

Aug 18, 2010
www.twitter.com
@ AisforAustin...Did you 'force stop sense' this should refresh the entire system and restart any application that might have been (accidentally) force stop... thus causing this problem.

PS. It's quite obvious that there is a problem with the weather application ... and need some assistance from HTC.

Go ahead and click the HTC link posted above -

Yeah, tried the fixes. Still didn't work =/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87