People I call can't hear me

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just started having this trouble with both of my g2s also, Verizon sent a new one under warranty, but then my other phone started the same thing, and the new one came and started as well. I did all the above trouble shooting to no avail; but only after a factory reset was the problem fixed. It seemed to be the snapchat app, as since I reset the phones & did not reinstall snapchat both my phones have been successfully working. It's definately gotta be a software issue, I first thought mic troubles but not if the ok google works fine and voice recorder works with out incident. So looks like I got a new phone even though it wasn't the phone itself. I hope this helps someone. P. S. the advanced calling or HD calling feature seemed to have no effect on the problem.​

Did they really give you a new phone, or a "Certified Like New" (CLN) LG G2?
Warranty replacements are usually CLN's, they come in plain unmarked boxes and don't include the wall charger.
If CLN, how was the condition of the phone?

Britt_Luvz_Budz

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
It was in a plain box so prbly refurbished, but is in pristine condition. And as I stated earlier, the Google now seemed to have no effect, for me the trouble seemed to be the snapchat app. Also I must point out👆 , it seems all of these posts are Verizon Wireless customers.. Wonder why just their g2s?

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
This is the VZW/LG G2 thread, so we are all probably on VZW.

I would be wary of the "deleted app" solution. I have had this problem since August 2014, have had it occur with my standard apps installed, had it happen after a Factory Reset with no applications installed - so for me, installed apps just doesn't do the trick.

For you (and others), turning off "OK Google from any screen" doesn't work.

Would be great if we had the definitive fix, but that can only be determined over time.

I am relieved however to see this thread. Perfect timing actually as my wife's LG G2 just started with this issue. I just re-booted her phone and everything is OK *at the moment*.

I'll have a refurb waiting for me when I get home today. I don't expect it to be immune from this issue, but I'll put it into service just so I can call VZW to say that I now have 3 phones affected by this. Hey, if for nothing else I get 3 more months of warranty coverage.

Britt_Luvz_Budz

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
I must have hexed myself with the earlier post. Since then my phone is doing it again and is the new replacement at that! I just got off the phone with customer service and they are sending out 2 new replacements and new Sims. I told them that I didn't want a replacement I wanted a reliable phone. But he said that not all the devices are necessarily affected by this problem. So I guess I gotta try these replacements. He did go ahead and make a trouble ticket in the event the new phones have the same problem. He is supposed to call on Saturday after I get the replacements to see if things are working. I'm curious as to if this is a nationwide issue being experienced, or just a particular area of the country? I'm in New England. Idk, I'm so frustrated, I can't keep worrying whether my phone is working or not, if I'll get my next call and def can't keep doing a factory reset every week either! They said that LG hadn't put it an official manufacturers
notice of trouble, why not

Last edited:

labowski986

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
This is the VZW/LG G2 thread, so we are all probably on VZW.

I would be wary of the "deleted app" solution. I have had this problem since August 2014, have had it occur with my standard apps installed, had it happen after a Factory Reset with no applications installed - so for me, installed apps just doesn't do the trick.

For you (and others), turning off "OK Google from any screen" doesn't work.

Would be great if we had the definitive fix, but that can only be determined over time.

I am relieved however to see this thread. Perfect timing actually as my wife's LG G2 just started with this issue. I just re-booted her phone and everything is OK *at the moment*.

I'll have a refurb waiting for me when I get home today. I don't expect it to be immune from this issue, but I'll put it into service just so I can call VZW to say that I now have 3 phones affected by this. Hey, if for nothing else I get 3 more months of warranty coverage.

Dude, I don't know how it happened but ok Google from any screen got turned back on. As soon as I turned it off my phone works again.
I do find it interesting that no one at Google or Verizonhas heard of this problem.

GPilot750

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm glad I checked here before canceling with vz today. I'm on phone 2, same issue and they can't figure anything out in their end. Their answer is to send me another phone. I'm on with tech support now getting to get them to send me a different model phone.
S5? Lg G3?
Only options that would be acceptable, imo.

I'll let them squirm as I'm threatening to leave after 19 years with them.
2 lines at nearly 200 per month.... And they have no resolution? Ridiculous!

Thank God for Android Central!!!!

Last edited:

GPilot750

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Turned Google Now "from any screen" and t seems to have worked.... So far
Same fr my buddy who just called to see if we could replicate issue. He sounded like the "distant robot".

He turned off Google Now "from any screen", called me back and it was crystal clear.
Time will tell.

GPilot750

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Dude, I don't know how it happened but ok Google from any screen got turned back on. As soon as I turned it off my phone works again.
I do find it interesting that no one at Google or Verizonhas heard of this problem.
Ay-men!
I even told the techs... You might want to look at Android Central as there are a lot of people with this issue.
Smh.

drcrck

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Italian version d802, rom v20h with 4g signal : same problem and same solution: disable "ok google" ... i have this problem just since 2 weeks ... maybe a google now bug ?

anyway. thanks for solution :)

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Great to hear that this works for you. Nothing like a phone you can use and depend on!
Would be great to see that this works for everyone.
I have my new phone set this way now.
Here's hoping!

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Another confirmation that OK Google 'only from search' fixed the problem, the recent app update recreated it (by reenabling 'from any'), and turning off 'from any'again fixed it.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Turning off the "OK Google from any screen" has been working on my new LG G2 and my wife's G2 as well.

After doing a little research, it's not just the G2 that has this issue. It's been observed and this fix has been suggested for other handsets as well. Also, others have had issues with alarms/notifications not working and video not working with this feature enabled.

GPilot750

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I have had no issues after turning off "Ok Google from any screen".

Lollipop update is pushing out today, so I may try it again and see if it's still an issue.

Hondo17

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop update successful on both our LG G2s last night. We had turned off 'OK Google from any screen' before the update, installed the new software, and had to turn 'OK Google from any screen' back on in the settings. It did not automatically get switched back on. Did that and all voice communications remained stable. Looks like that may have fixed the issue and we can return to enjoying the OK Google feature as intended.

kmd107

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Same here, problems with OK google before L, now with L and Ok google back on so far no voice problems. I am glad this is back working as I used it frequently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NK01UK