Verizon Note 3: Time is off by an hour

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
This evening, I checked the time on my phone (I don't wear a watch anymore) and it showed 7:50, except it was 6:50. It's continuing to show an hour later than it is. I have it set to use automatic time in settings.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Time is off by an hour

Putting the device in airplane mode will force a refresh on the cell. As to why it got to be an hour off, I am not sure.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

Well, it stayed an hour off until I shut-down and restarted the phone. Once restarted, the time was correct.

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Make sure you have the correct time zone set. Look in your date and time settings under general.

ATT N3

Hghlndr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

This evening, I checked the time on my phone (I don't wear a watch anymore) and it showed 7:50, except it was 6:50. It's continuing to show an hour later than it is. I have it set to use automatic time in settings.

When I woke up this morning with my Verizon N3 in No. AZ, had the same problem of it being one hour ahead when most of AZ doesn't play the DST game. Seems VZW didn't have its time zone things together, as we're always on Mountain Standard. A restart fix it. Have a great week. Peace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress