Air gesture print screen not working

rjcpgh

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I've had my S4 for about two weeks now, so I'm still learning my way around the device. I have a question about the air gesture print screen.

When I first got the device, I was able to successfully execute an air gesture screen capture. However, it has now stopped working for me.

I presume that I've turned on something else or have otherwise created a conflict for myself that is, in essence, "locking" it out. I have all of the air gestures enabled.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me, please. Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First make sure you have it enabled in the Settings. Second, this gesture requires your palm to touch the screen (many people seem to think it'll work by just hovering your hand over it... it won't). You MAY get it to work without touching the screen if you have it set to maximum sensitivity (wearing gloves) but it's still safer to touch the screen.

Get one side of your palm to touch the length of the screen and quickly swift across it from one side to the other covering the entire screen and not lifting your hand.

Now, several things may interfere with this. For instance, if you have a launcher that has 'hot spots' on the sides, this will get tricky since the phone will try to activate those hot spots, not the print screen function. To test this out try swiping from left to right and then right to left and see if either work. Also, make sure that at least the 'common' shortcut works: Press power button + home button at the same time.

rjcpgh

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Sir SpookDroid. You were, of course, correct.

I guess when I just got the phone and was playing with it, I must have been touching the screen without being aware of that.

Many thanks. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.