Verizon Galaxy S4 - Security Notice After Update to 4.3

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Security Notice After Update to 4.3

The factory reset solution does work and sticks after reboot.

Verified 100% by a few in this thread.

Didn't the Note 3 come with 4.3?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes 4.3 this problem started yesterday for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'll wait to take it to that extreme. At first I thought it might have been one of the apps I installed recently. Glad to see it wasn't that.

Sent from my Note 3

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine gives me the option to dismiss notification for 30 days though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383167837489.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383167837489.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 57

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

I factory reset my Galaxy S4 on Verizon and the security notification keeps popping up. Did not solve the problem.

Well then i won't factory reset my phone. As of right now going into the app and force stopping it works until a reboot. Thats good enough for now. Thanks for sharing this

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Randomhero180

May 23, 2011
elementdesignllc.com

I factory reset my Galaxy S4 on Verizon and the security notification keeps popping up. Did not solve the problem.

That's really weird. Haven't hear of anyone factory reseting and still having the issue. Mines working fine now after factory reset.

Hopefully a fix comes soon for you!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow... this thread look promising... then not so much. I was almost thinking a factory reset might be the answer, now I'm not so sure.

Personally, if I do a factory reset it will have to be my second for this device since I purchased it... and both just fix issues after a software (OS) version update.

blanco112

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Finally just decided to go through the reset. Took a few hours to finally get where I needed to be (thanks for nothing Kies). Then I came back here and see it's coming back. Hope this doesn't happen to me.

Posted via Android Central App

Dmaster223

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to Android 4.3 and I just haven't installed Knox so I don't have this problem...

Sent from my SCH-I545 (Samsung Galaxy S4,Verizon)

sleepy_dad

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset seems to have worked for me, so far. No security notifications for about 8 hours.

My first factory reset, on the other hand, has not gone smoothly. Google-stored wifi passwords are not restoring; misunderstood Nova Launcher's backup file storage location and lost it, etc. Argh.

Posted via Android Central App

gabriel sa

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I have tried resetting to factory setting again and again plus rooting, but still face the same problem and that silver shield won't let me customize my phone application even after I rooted it.
very frustrating. Please help if anyone know how to solve it.
But I think installing the latest custom rom 4.3.1 may be able to solve it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just updated to Android 4.3 and I just haven't installed Knox so I don't have this problem...

Sent from my SCH-I545 (Samsung Galaxy S4,Verizon)

Knox comes with the 4.3 update. You have no choice, it is installed on your device... Settings > More tab > Application manager > All tab > scroll down to the K's... two Knox installs (one a shortcut), Knox Notification Manager, and Knox Store... they are probably all there. The notification shows up for us right now when we connect our phones to a Wifi.

Currently I'm just going to Force Stop the warning after a reboot, then I don't see it again until I have to reboot again... so it probably will not show up again for at least another week or so.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site

FYI. I did a factory reset last night and haven't had this security issue since.

Not the ideal fix, but it seems to have fixed the issue.

I good factory reset after an update doesn't hurt, and it's actually recommended.
:thumbup::cool:

Sent From a Galaxy S4 Away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez