Issues with email

tbzep

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I am able to send email via wi-fi, but can't send it through 3g/4g. Is there a way to make my charter account email work with both?

Galaxy S4 4.4.2

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Does your internet work? If it does, your email should work too. The email app doesn't know whether it's on wifi or mobile data. If mobile data doesn't work, it won't work for email either.

I don't know where you are, but in the US, I'd take the phone to the carrier's repair location or a Samsung Experience desk at a Best Buy.

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I am able to send email via wi-fi, but can't send it through 3g/4g. Is there a way to make my charter account email work with both?

Galaxy S4 4.4.2

If your email is a POP account, the provider's SMTP server (used to send email) may only accept connections from within their own network (in order to prevent someone from using their SMTP server to send SPAM). If your Wi-Fi is on that network and your 3g/4g is not, that could be the reason for your problem. Many email providers provide a way for users to login to the SMTP server so that email can be sent from outside of their network. Perhaps your email provider provides instructions for setting up such access on their web site.

Larry

tbzep

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I changed the "Period to sync Email" setting to "all" and got it working. Battery consumption seems to have increased as well. I have no clue why that allowed it to start working because everything I've read says the setting has to do with how long emails that have been received stay on the phone.