EDGE: How beat up was your returned phone?

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Customers have been able to edge up for a bit now and I'm curious what condition your returned phone was in.

I recall the edge contract states it needed to be in good, working condition.

So what did your phone look like and what is acceptable wear and tear for the upgrade process? I hope to use edge to upgrade in a week or so

Posted via Android Central App

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm not on Edge but if I ever was to go that route (doubtful) they would be getting back a phone in as close to mint condition as possible because I take really good care of my phones.

Same thing with my leased vehicles, but I only put about 3,000 to 5,000 miles a year on my vehicles. They do get enough free German Shepherd fur to knit about a dozen sweaters to keep them warm in our frigid WI winters as a bonus, though!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Customers have been able to edge up for a bit now and I'm curious what condition your returned phone was in.

I recall the edge contract states it needed to be in good, working condition.

So what did your phone look like and what is acceptable wear and tear for the upgrade process? I hope to use edge to upgrade in a week or so

I would assume that they expect the phones to be blemish free or as close to blemish free as possible.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Had a rep tell me I could swap a dumb phone back onto my acct and use that as the turned in unit...and keep my DNA. I am really thinkin about it. My kid would love to have my DNA. Opinions? Anybody else done it?

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

ahamick

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I doubt you will be able to trade in a dumb phone to pay off the balance on a smart phone. I had trouble trading in my Droid MAXX with edge because it had a different IMEI (received a replacement directly from Motorola through their repair service)

The store manager was able to make a call and accepted my phone for edge. My droid maxx had one or two discreet scratches on the screen, no dents or dings but the Kevlar backing had been rubbed down a bit on all four corners from removing and inserting my phone from my TPU case.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
the four corners weren't rubbed off, that's part of the design as shock bumpers. all maxx phones look like theyre rubbed off

I doubt you will be able to trade in a dumb phone to pay off the balance on a smart phone. I had trouble trading in my Droid MAXX with edge because it had a different IMEI (received a replacement directly from Motorola through their repair service)

The store manager was able to make a call and accepted my phone for edge. My droid maxx had one or two discreet scratches on the screen, no dents or dings but the Kevlar backing had been rubbed down a bit on all four corners from removing and inserting my phone from my TPU case.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo