G Tablet Screen Issues Problems Puddle Effect maybe Burn In

lei_bung

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This is my second G Tablet from Woot.

The first came with a bad pixel that I was intending to live with and try to correct. It went from one bad pixel to a whole line of green pixels across the screen and without rooting and flashing a different rom to get a program that actually would load on the G Tablet I gave up and RMA'd it. Pretty amazing service, shipped mine before the return arrived and no shipping either way.

Now my second G Tablet. Plugged it in and charged until the green light came on and booted it, anxious to get all of my apps reloaded. Immediately noticed that there is an outline about half an inch in from the screen edges all the way around the screen, it looks like a puddle on the screen and a lot like burn in on my Plasma TV. I honestly don't want to roll the dice again and get a new one, but I don't know if I should be concerned about the longevity of the product being less with this issue. Most apps you can't see it and it doesn't bother me, I just don't want to have it die on me a few months down the road and not have the option to return it.

I hope there isn't another thread about this specific screen issue, I couldn't find it and any advice would be great.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty