Thought this was funny and interesting.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I have a 2 year old PC that still runs great too. My point isn't that the Mac is bad, just that they are over priced. You can buy 2 Dell Ultra books for the price of a Mac book pro. Over time the MBP won't keep up. It's okay if you want to pay the extra for that but I don't feel it's worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
For a different OS, it isn't unless you really HATE Windows.

BarackOdrama

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
The 5-year old MacBook I'm using needs to be replaced. It lags even when I only have Chrome (10 tabs), Skype, and Activity Monitor running.

When your mac starts to get like that you should look into upgrading ram and get an SSD. It makes a world of difference.

I used to hate reformatting my PC when it started slowing down.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2 year old PC that still runs great too. My point isn't that the Mac is bad, just that they are over priced. You can buy 2 Dell Ultra books for the price of a Mac book pro. Over time the MBP won't keep up. It's okay if you want to pay the extra for that but I don't feel it's worth it.

Edit: sorry I said "My point isn't that the Mac is bad" but I meant "isn't" bad.

Uhhh not with their specs and besides OSX makes it much more worthwhile I absolutely hate windows

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
The 5-year old MacBook I'm using needs to be replaced. It lags even when I only have Chrome (10 tabs), Skype, and Activity Monitor running.

So? You can't judge modern day macs from your 5 year old machine. Guess what? my dads 5 year old PC decided to fail on him and his laptop crashes 2-3 times a year my one has no such issues (for the record both are HP's)

- - - Updated - - -

When your mac starts to get like that you should look into upgrading ram and get an SSD. It makes a world of difference.

Yeah I upgraded to 8GB just because I needed it because of the amount of programs running.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Apple has begun to become obsessed with making things thinner and not more powerful, as shown in their iPhone, iPad mini, and iMac.

There iMac's are powerful, extremely powerful
Quad core i7, Fusion drive, 8GB RAM, GTX 680m, it is powerful and even has an IPS display.

You quite clearly do not know Macs as much as you think you do.

BTW- this will not change anything, I still hate Windows, I still hate android tablets, I still love android phones, I still love iPads. Nothing will ever change MY opinions on Apple, Google and Microsoft.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Hardware is easier to duplicate. I'm always surprised when I hear reviewers say "the iPhone has such premium hardware" etc. As if every other phone is crap. The Nexus 4 and HTC One line are all in the same league in terms of hardware quality. Most people just put a case on their phone anyway so this whole discussion makes me bang my head.

It is though, admittedly the HTC One looks freaking amazing.
Oh and my Nexus 4 has creaking issues where the shiny plastic is, the iPhone 5 has no such issue(and presumably the HTC One)
Oh and btw not everyone uses cases none of my iPhones have had cases and neither will my Nexus 4, Nexus 6 etc.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
There iMac's are powerful, extremely powerful
Quad core i7, Fusion drive, 8GB RAM, GTX 680m, it is powerful and even has an IPS display.

You quite clearly do not know Macs as much as you think you do.

BTW- this will not change anything, I still hate Windows, I still hate android tablets, I still love android phones, I still love iPads. Nothing will ever change MY opinions on Apple, Google and Microsoft.

I never said Macs aren't powerful. I simply said that Apple isn't trying to make their products more powerful. I don't need a thin desktop computer. I would, however, prefer a more powerful one, however powerful it may already be.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I never said Macs aren't powerful. I simply said that Apple isn't trying to make their products more powerful. I don't need a thin desktop computer. I would, however, prefer a more powerful one, however powerful it may already be.
What more do you need? a 6 core i7 extreme?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
So? You can't judge modern day macs from your 5 year old machine. Guess what? my dads 5 year old PC decided to fail on him and his laptop crashes 2-3 times a year my one has no such issues (for the record both are HP's)
I look at it as what can I get out of my investment. People that switch to Mac and all of a sudden get this enlightened experience are not comparing the same systems or the same amount they spend. My friend was running a crappy $400 HP laptop and had all kinds of problems with it then she buys a $3000 MBP and was suddenly surprised at how amazing this machine is. Hello? I have been building custom PC's my whole life. I do that because PC's are not like Mac's. They can be compiled by anyone, so there is a huge difference in what you get. Some are complete crap. But if you know what to buy then they can be great. I would read up on what was good for components and put together an amazing computer that would last me many years. Most people just walk in to Best Buy and pick up a low to mid range PC and think it should be like a Mac that costs twice as much. If I try to build the most expensive PC possible I would be hard pressed to spend $1500. This would get me a system with the fastest technology possible in a nice desktop case with 24GB of ram, 4 TB hard drive with the latest CPU and a 2GB video card. I can't even consider this on a Mac. The cheapest Mac Pro system is $2500 and this only comes with 6GB of RAM, 1TB of HD space and a crappy ATI card worth about $99. There is no comparison. If I spent $2500 I could run NASA from my house.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Well I look at it as what can I get out of my investment. Yet I find that no one who switches to Mac and is all of a sudden enlightened by this computer every bought a PC worth its weight in salt. People go an buy a $300 HP laptop and have all kinds of problems with it then go and buy a $2000 MBP and are suddenly surprised at how amazing this machine is. I have been building custom PC's my whole life. I do that because PC's are not like Mac's. They can be compiled by anyone, so there is a huge difference in what you get. Some are complete crap. But if you know what to buy then they can be great. I would read up on what was good for components and put together an amazing computer that would last me many years. Most people just walk in to Best Buy and pick up a low to mid range PC and think it should be like a Mac that costs twice as much. If I try to build the most expensive PC possible I would be hard pressed to spend $1500. This would get me a system with the fastest technology possible in a nice desktop case with 24GB of ram, 4 TB hard drive with the latest CPU and a 2GB video card. I can't even consider this on a Mac. The cheapest Mac Pro system is $2500 and this only comes with 6GB of RAM, 1TB of HD space and a crappy ATI card worth about $99. There is no comparison. If I spent $2500 I could run NASA from my house.
for the record it was both pavillions not 300 dollars 1500.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
IMHO the only advantage with Androids multitasking is page loading in the background, I don't care for "Proper" multitasking.

BTW its great that we are having a discussion where I haven't lost my cool yet:p
LOL. Good job Chetan. I like you. We can debate and still be friends here :)

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Ya except that Ram and SSD are you guessed it. Double the price of any other part for the PC. It's like Vikings are running the show at Apple. Rape and Pillage!

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I look at it as what can I get out of my investment. People that switch to Mac and all of a sudden get this enlightened experience are not comparing the same systems or the same amount they spend. My friend was running a crappy $400 HP laptop and had all kinds of problems with it then she buys a $3000 MBP and was suddenly surprised at how amazing this machine is. Hello? I have been building custom PC's my whole life. I do that because PC's are not like Mac's. They can be compiled by anyone, so there is a huge difference in what you get. Some are complete crap. But if you know what to buy then they can be great. I would read up on what was good for components and put together an amazing computer that would last me many years. Most people just walk in to Best Buy and pick up a low to mid range PC and think it should be like a Mac that costs twice as much. If I try to build the most expensive PC possible I would be hard pressed to spend $1500. This would get me a system with the fastest technology possible in a nice desktop case with 24GB of ram, 4 TB hard drive with the latest CPU and a 2GB video card. I can't even consider this on a Mac. The cheapest Mac Pro system is $2500 and this only comes with 6GB of RAM, 1TB of HD space and a crappy ATI card worth about $99. There is no comparison. If I spent $2500 I could run NASA from my house.
My custom build:
i7 quad core over clocked(4.0Ghz)
16GB vengeance RAM@ 1600mhz
128GB SSD in RAID-0 with another 128GB SSD
GPU:nvidia gtx 660
Case" cooler master.

Whats your point?
Oh and btw that Mac pro is from 2010 an update is coming out later this year to it and then your PC will get crushed(unless you be a sneaky ******* and upgrade the **** out of it:p).

- - - Updated - - -

Ya except that Ram and SSD are you guessed it. Double the price of any other part for the PC. It's like Vikings are running the show at Apple. Rape and Pillage!
I payed 100 dollars to hget the RAM and upgrade it myself, SSD? 300.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
LOL. Good job Chetan. I like you. We can debate and still be friends here :)

I aim to have good discussions and giving back my point of view may help the other person and the others POV may help me so thats why I like these discussions

Oh BTW androidluvr put me on his ignore list because I am "dense" LOL

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

In 2008 I did build the "ultimate" pc, and it was only about $1700 for primary components (case, mobo, ram, drives, fan, power supply, graphics cards, etc; the internals) and then another $1300 for a specific keyboard, mouse, sound system and a couple of amazing monitors. Ironically, it died 2 days after putting Windows 8 on it in December... but, were it still alive on Windows 7 I'd put it head to head with anything out there today, Windows or Mac and do so with confidence. With a few cheap upgrades to a modern graphics card and new generation processor it'd probably still be better than anything I can get at Best Buy. Today, looking at NewEgg, the same components I did use would only run about $1100 + $700 for peripheral equipment.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I forgot to mention you can make something called a hackintosh
The powerful specs of some PC builds with the awesomeness of OSX you should have a look.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacoxixon