Battery Testimonials

hancered

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't feel I am getting the battery life I should be getting. I know I am not getting what most of you are getting. If I choose to return it, what do I say? Just "I don't feel that this battery is working correctly?"

advice please

Dctobin

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
So here's a strange thing. I've had two weeks of crazy battery life. Always lasting well more than 24 hours, including up through last night when I put it back on charger after 48 hours and 15% battery life still left (this was after an admittedly very light weekend of usage, but still very impressive). This morning. I took it off charge and noticed early on that the battery was draining very quickly, even with little use. I'm now at 14 hours with 30% battery left with only 57 minutes of screen time and 20 minutes phone time. The highest usage indicated is for email which has taken 30% of battery life. Email has never shown up as a large user before.

The only change I have made is turning on face unlock last night, but I don't think that should be impacting too much. I did find that all update choices on my gmail account were active, although I don't use gmail much, mostly exchange server. So I turned those all off. Map locator is off, as is GPS.

Another strange thing I noticed this morning is that the battery widget was showing a different % usage than the battery settings screen, and the weather widget wasn't working, (wouldn't flip). Rebooted and they both seemed to work fine.

I'm going to recharge tonight and try with facee unlock off and gmail updates disabled. Anyone have any other ideas?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Gnex with extended battery. At the end of a 10h shift I would usually be down 50% or below. Today, first day with the RMHD I was at 83%!!! Insane life!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
uploadfromtaptalk1351831050598.jpg

One week with the phone and I must say I am impressed and very pleased.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

humfybogurt

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm getting the battery life I should be either. I just got my phone yesterday and today is the first day of use after charging it last night. I've used it for almost 5 hours and I'm down to 71%. Does that seen normal?

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure I'm getting the battery life I should be either. I just got my phone yesterday and today is the first day of use after charging it last night. I've used it for almost 5 hours and I'm down to 71%. Does that seen normal?

It depends on how much "use" or idle time. I have also found that the battery takes a few charge cycles to get full life from it. Finally it depends on your cellular reception, 3G or 4G, wifi or not. Wifi uses less juice than mobile data. Lower reception is a battery killer.

You can download the GSAM app which will give you a good look at what's using battery.

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

It would depend how much you're using it I guess. Was the screen on most of that time?

Mine has had 2 full charges so far and has lasted about 30 hours on each on moderate to heavier usage (except overnight).

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The screen uses more battery than anything else. If you have been using your new toy a lot, battery drain is to be expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

humfybogurt

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
According to GSAM my two biggest drains are my screen at 70% and my apps at 28%. However my screen is only set to Dim and the app using most of my power is the downloads/media app at 7.6%

humfybogurt

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
I am starting to get that beastly battery life now. I am at 5 hours with 86 percent yet

Did you change anything to start getting that beastly battery life? This is my first full day of use after charging it to 100% and after 12 hrs I'm already down to 33%.

humfybogurt

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My screen time yesterday was about over 6 hrs. Today it seems slightly better my screen time is a little over an hour and at just over 3 1/2 hrs of use I'm down to 86%.

uploadfromtaptalk1351972707420.jpg

humfybogurt

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
According to GSAM I'm averaging about 18 hrs of use since yesterday. I'm hoping that gets better.

uploadfromtaptalk1351972951175.jpg

msc728

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
4:30 in calls almost 2 hrs screen...not too shabby

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351975161466.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351975161466.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 104

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Dont have pics, but the phone passed the text I waited for. 12 hours in the woods, a little GPS, not blue tooth, G3 only. Battery only dropped 17% in that time.