Disappointed with Seidio Innocase?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Let me start by saying I've owned an Innocase for the Curve, Storm, Tour, Eris, and Droid. Everyone of those the Innocase fit very snuggly to the phone and really felt like it was part of the phone. I've always felt okay paying the premium price for the Seidio products because of the fit and finish.

My experience with the Evo Innocase has been the opposite. It feels like they should have put more of their felt lining into the case as the Evo just doesn't fit just right in there. When you handle the case it creaks and moans like walking up old stairs. This is VERY annoying to be honest.

I know this isn't an isolated issue to just my case/phone. Not only does my case do this on my phone and my co-workers phone; but the BB Platinum PT case he bought does it on his Evo and mine. The BB Platinum case is a re-branded Seidio case.

Does anyone else feel the same way about theres?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
At first I didn't like it, now I'm good with it. I like the way the case feels in my hand and how it doesn't mess up pulling the phone out of my pocket.

I do know what you're saying though, there should of been two tabs on the sides instead of one in the middle, good luck trying to get it off then I guess.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
I've never cared for any of their products honestly. Feels like they are of very low quality IMHO. Again, just my opinion.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I've never cared for any of their products honestly. Feels like they are of very low quality IMHO. Again, just my opinion.

I really liked the other models I've owned. This one just feels like an Ebay case because it doesn't fit to what I have come to expect from Seidio.

Deutch

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I admit I've never had the Seidio innocase for any of my phones. Is it a hard style case or gel?

I bought the gel case at the sprint store for $12 with my premiere discount. I'm pretty happy with it so far. Seems to fit well without adding much bulk.

optimus

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems with my innocase II. Fits snug for me all the way around the phone. No creeks or sounds when I hold it.

cencom14

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I also have no problems with my Innocase II. It makes no creaking noises and fits well. Other than the price, I am quite happy with it. I also purchased the Seidio screen protector. It fits perfectly and you cannot tell you are using a protector at all. Looks just like the naked screen! Very happy with it.

Reactions: davidoshennn

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
i have the BB one andi think its a really good fit .. its a little loose on the top but nothing to bad

Thats exactly what I'm talking about mostly on the top. Maybe I will put some electrical tape in there.

I have no problems with my innocase II. Fits snug for me all the way around the phone. No creeks or sounds when I hold it.

Top right corner there is no play at all?

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok so I spent 5 minutes with 8 small pieces of electrical tape. I put the tape in the corners of the inside of the case and it completely removed all wiggle and play from the case.

Recommend this to anyone that has the play in the case.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I spent 5 minutes with 8 small pieces of electrical tape. I put the tape in the corners of the inside of the case and it completely removed all wiggle and play from the case.

Recommend this to anyone that has the play in the case.

A full-body shield may do this as well. When I get mine in I will see..

I had Seido products before too and I wasn't that impressed for the money, considering it has to be removed quite often to clean underneath it along the edges of the phone. Otherwise the dirt and grime will mark up your phone's finish, defeating the purpose no?

The felt on the inside is a nice touch, but agreed it should have 100% covered the inside of the case.

I got best buy to match the $20 off radioshack deal, so it only cost me $15 for the case w/ the holster. I would not pay more for it....

neon8

May 10, 2010
Visit site
My innocase fits perfect. I had one on my pre and my pre is still in mint condition. I like tthe 2 piece design. Easier to remove to change battery than snap on pre case.

buggyman

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I have always loved their products and never had a bad one. I ordered mine on 5-25 and it shows shipped on 5-28 but I have not got it. when where did you guys order yours? I ordered from seido online.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I have always loved their products and never had a bad one. I ordered mine on 5-25 and it shows shipped on 5-28 but I have not got it. when where did you guys order yours? I ordered from seido online.

I ordered it on the 25th from Seidio directly and got it yesterday.

Don't get me wrong I love the case for my Evo now.....since I put the tape on the inside to make the fit tighter.

Not bashing Seidio, just wondering if anyone else was having a loose feeling to their case. I fixed it, after thinking what I did to my old BB Storms battery door lol.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I had to pull my battery twice today to restart my phone (unrelated) however it seems the more you take this case off the worse it gets.

I'm probably going to replace it with the body glove case, for this much money plus shipping this case just isn't worth it.