HTC One not charging and USB not recognizing ! :(

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE not charging and Usb not recognizing ! :(

Returned to htc. They fixed a speaker and something else on the board. had to be turned 3 times to get this.

Been back for 10 days and had no issues.

Stephen_LFC

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

I have recently encountered a similar problem.
Have any solutions been found?

contacting HTC later today about it.

benmac99

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

Hi, further to my post on page 2 the charging issue resurfaced without the installation of any third party apps! I couldn't face sending it off for a third time (my first handset had speaker issue) so i opted to factory reset and it began to charge again. Soon after this it reverted to not charging. Tried a further three resets and still wouldn't charge. It had to go back to HTC well to their sub contracted repair centre Regenerisis. Just got an email saying device is being returned, i was hoping for a replacement to be honest with this being the second repair for same fault. I'm not holding out much hope i'm inclined to think it will reoccur as it did before. I will let you know how it goes, surely if it happens again i will have to DEMAND a replacement. Three mobile seem to be hiding behind the manufactures warranty who in turn are using some cowboys to do the dirty work. However i know who my direct debit goes to and who my contract is with and therefore who has the responsibility to provide me with what i am paying for so if the problem does come back the **** is going to hit the fan :)

David_LFC

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site

Hi, further to my post on page 2 the charging issue resurfaced without the installation of any third party apps! I couldn't face sending it off for a third time (my first handset had speaker issue) so i opted to factory reset and it began to charge again. Soon after this it reverted to not charging. Tried a further three resets and still wouldn't charge. It had to go back to HTC well to their sub contracted repair centre Regenerisis. Just got an email saying device is being returned, i was hoping for a replacement to be honest with this being the second repair for same fault. I'm not holding out much hope i'm inclined to think it will reoccur as it did before. I will let you know how it goes, surely if it happens again i will have to DEMAND a replacement. Three mobile seem to be hiding behind the manufactures warranty who in turn are using some cowboys to do the dirty work. However i know who my direct debit goes to and who my contract is with and therefore who has the responsibility to provide me with what i am paying for so if the problem does come back the **** is going to hit the fan :)

Mine was and is resolved.......... However after all problems going to sell it and have now replaced with note 3

I was also with 3 under the sales of goods act it is there responsibility.... I had to quote extracts from the guide on the office of fair trading.

Good luck.

droidheadfred

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

I just went through this problem on my AT&T HTC One. I got mine working again. I noticed that since it didn't charge unless it was powered totally off that something with the battery wasn't in sync. At least that's my thinking about it. So since it would charge while powered off but had something with the charge percentage flashing on the lcd screen that it was saying something. What I did was let it be turned on until it went totally dead and shut itself off to purge the battery. Then plugged it in to charge and didn't touch it again until the notification light was green meaning charged. Then after that I turned it on and ran it for awhile till the battery level dropped to around 88% or so then shut it off and plugged the charger in. This time it didn't have anything flashing on the screen showing the battery percentage but the notification light was red solid that it was charging. I let it charge back up to where the light turned green and then turned it on with the charger plugged in and sure enough it recognizes the charger now and and can be plugged into my PC and recognized again. If anyone else wants to try this I think the key is patience. I had a felling my phone was just stuck in some cycle and HTC programmed it some kind of way if something isn't right. I wish we had more documentation from them to explain things. I got mine used with nothing but the charger and cable and earphones. I don't know how the guy who had it before me treated it as far as charging it but he never rooted or unlocked it.

droidheadfred

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

The last thing I posted did not fix the problem. I did however finally fix it. The problem is a dirty charging port. I should say I don't recommend anyone doing this but I was desperate and didn't have electrical contact cleaner spray and didn't want to spend almost $20 for some so I covered the talk microphone with a Kleenex and sprayed a couple small shots of wd40 into the charging port holding the phone to where it would drip out over my sink. I then wiped it out and let it sit overnight not turning it on and bought some compressed air the next day. I blew the port out real well with the air and wiped it out as best as I could. The phone for awhile was going haywire saying it was connected to HDMI and other connections and the screen kept coming on detecting connections but then I shut it off and turned it back on later and it started working normally and charges normal and connects to my PC like it should. Everything on it is working great. If you try this repair just be very careful. I recommend using actual electrical contact spray and even then not spraying a lot.

jdavilape

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Same problem, i tried factory reset, disable quick boot, but without positive result. Someone has any information how to fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site

I started to get this issue last Friday, and have been back to normal since late Monday.

I contacted HTC and after jumping through many hoops of fire, I uninstalled a game (Clash of Clans) that was making my phone run extremely hot and followed one of the suggestions that was given by the HTC rep.

I turned fast boot off, turned the phone off, and hold down volume up and down and power for 2 minutes. This made the phone reset about 8 times. After letting go the buttons the phone booted, didn't start to charge. I turned off developer options, restarted the phone, switched back on developer options (make sure usb debugging is on). Finally I plugged the phone to the charger for about half an hour, I got the 'usb host mode enabled, charging not possible' message, I turned my phone off and it started to charge normally. No erratic blinking charging screen where it would jump up 4% every few minutes. After noticing this I turned the phone on and, thankfully, it's been working great again.

In my last email with the HTC rep I was told to get in contact with tech support to arrange to send the phone in... I have about 7 more months of warranty, so for now I'll just ride it out.

As pissed off as I was with my phone when it started with the weird stuff, all the love came back when I saw that little red light telling me that it was charging again.

Sorry for the long post, wanted to share this in case it might work for one of you guys.

Posted via Android Central App

George Kirev

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

SOLVED, really!

I had all the listed problems: not charging, auto-rotating when it shouldn't, car mode, loudspeaker on in phone calls, etc. etc. The problems seemed to get worse when I was using my phone with moist hands.

Now to the resolution: the problem really seems to lie in a dirty USB port. The good news: it is fixable (at least with my phone). While the process which droidheadfred posted seems a bit too harsh, it is in principle the correct thing to do - clean your USB port. What I did was to take a toothpick or some other sharp instrument and tie a bit of paper around it. Than I dipped this in some alcohol (I used 99% ethanol) and carefully cleaned the contacts of the phone's USB port. Surprisingly, there was a lot of dirt there. You should better turn of you phone during the process. That's it. My phone is as good as new now without having to deal with HTC customer care, do factory resets, etc.

Hope this helps!

P.S. You should probably better get a new USB cable after that, it was probably the culprit in the first place!

Last edited:

Mukesh Solanki

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Kirev, I cleaned port and put back on charge with stock charger. lets see what happens... and one more thing phone was already charged for more than 32 hrs..

tfouto

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

It happen the same with mine. I tried to clean the usb port, but nothing happen. I sent back my phone to repair.

I am waiting now...

PZX280

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

I have had this problem for a while and the only fix I have is the cable. I have around 15 usb to micro cables of various types, and into the computer only 3 work. Several into a third party charger come up with the message, slow charging. The only fix I can give you is try a range of cables and then lable the ones that work for the HTC into the computer and charger.

drpooja

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site

HI...am also using HTC one V frm last 1 yr...got its servicing done twice....confronted same prob of blinking while getng charged.....nw frm 4 mnths it ws wrkng gud...bt all of sudden yesterday all of sudden it went off n nw nt gtng on agn...nt gtng charged nthng...totally dead....nybdy plz help??

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

HI...am also using HTC one V frm last 1 yr...got its servicing done twice....confronted same prob of blinking while getng charged.....nw frm 4 mnths it ws wrkng gud...bt all of sudden yesterday all of sudden it went off n nw nt gtng on agn...nt gtng charged nthng...totally dead....nybdy plz help??

Huh?

Mukesh Solanki

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

Guys, know what its day 8 ..and on charge ... no sign of any RED light... :mad:

F$^K its not getting charge... HTC u ...

Mukesh Solanki

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

If somebody's phone is not charging even after 8 days then please hopes .. cause u know it enver gona charge or if u r leaving in an apartment or tall building then throw it in the sky.. and never ever look back.. Damn cant hold keys for 5-10 min ...its just a time waste ...for those who's works great ..but gona say one thing it nothing relates to cleaning a USB. i am sure most of the people are affected after an update to OS. please say "YES" if its true.

It was in frustration ...well we love our phone so dont anything wrong...

Leonardo R

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I am using my phone for 2 months and now the usb problem appears to me. It is not charging properly and it is not recognizing on PC. I tried to clean up the usb port with isopropyl alcohol and it not worked but I'm still thinking that is a hardware problem because when I do not put the USB cable completely into the port it starts charging again (but still does not recognize the computer).

I bought it in Germany and I live in Brazil, so it will be impossible to me send it to hTC.

tfouto

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

It's a motherboard problem. I have sent mine to HTC, they said it was motherboard. They will exchange.

Dont you have an HTC repair in Brasil?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000