HTC One not charging and USB not recognizing ! :(

neihara

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE not charging and Usb not recognizing ! :(

CRdownload, boa tarde

Conseguiu resolver o problema?
Estou com o mesmo problema j? faz umas duas semanas e at? agora nada...

Valeu, abra?o.

[Translation by moderator]

Good afternoon. Has anyone manged to solve this problem? I have been having this issue for two weeks and so far I have not been able to find anything. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

diablodr

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

oq vc fez nao entendi ??

Did you not understand?

CRdownload

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

CRdownload, boa tarde

Conseguiu resolver o problema?
Estou com o mesmo problema j? faz umas duas semanas e at? agora nada...

Valeu, abra?o.

Eu consegui resolver o problema, e come?ou a carregar durante 1 semana.

Eu segurei o botao power, o botao volume abaixar, e apontei o sensor de luz(aqueles 2 da frente, do lado esquerdo), durante 15 segundos.
O HTC reiniciou, e depois come?ou a carregar.

Depois de 1 semana, problema voltou, e agora este processo n?o funciona mais..

I solved this problem but a week later it returned. (reiteration of process)

CRdownload

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Eu segurei o botao power, o botao volume abaixar, e apontei o sensor de luz,(aqueles 2 da frente, do lado esquerdo) para uma lampada, durante 15 segundos.

[Translation by Moderator]

I held the power button, volume down button and pointed the light sensor (two circles on the top left) at a light for 15 seconds.

neihara

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Valeu pela ajuda!
Fiz o procedimento e n?o adiantou, n?o sei mais o que tentar!
Vou continuar procurando respostas nos f?runs e qualquer coisa volto aqui pra avisar caso consiga alguma coisa.

Obrigado.

[Translation by moderator ]

Thank you for the help!
This method did not work for me and I am not sure what else I can try.
I will keep searching for answers within the forums, and if I find anything I will return here to post about it. Thank you.

CRdownload

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Valeu pela ajuda!
Fiz o procedimento e n?o adiantou, n?o sei mais o que tentar!
Vou continuar procurando respostas nos f?runs e qualquer coisa volto aqui pra avisar caso consiga alguma coisa.

Obrigado.

[Translation by moderator ]

Thank you for the help!
This method did not work for me and I am not sure what else I can try.
I will keep searching for answers within the forums, and if I find anything I will return here to post about it. Thank you.

Pois ? eu fiz o video do que acontece com o meu celular, veja https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6NSCccjWkE

Ainda n?o achei a solu??o. Me parece que o OTG (sistema pra ler um pen drive ou um hd externo direto no USB atraves de um cabo) est? ativado e imposs?vel desativa-lo.
Percebi isso ao ligar o HTC no carregador de carro, e este carregador tem um LED, e o LED acende quando esta plugado no carro. Quando desplugo do carro, e ele conectado no HTC, ele fica aceso. Como se o HTC alimentasse com carga esse LED, ao inves de receber. ( isso com o HTC Ligado).

Desligado ele carrega

neihara

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

Hi CRdownload,
I was talking with a guy with same problem and he believes that is a hardware issue, problem from usb port.
I don't know what to do, I have tried everything that was suggested on the web but no success.
I'll keep charging my device turned off and searching for the solution on the web.

CRdownload

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Hi CRdownload,
I was talking with a guy with same problem and he believes that is a hardware issue, problem from usb port.
I don't know what to do, I have tried everything that was suggested on the web but no success.
I'll keep charging my device turned off and searching for the solution on the web.

Are you Brazilian?

I already tried the solution in several forums, and no one gets the solution.
I believe it is a hardware problem.

If you ever find the problem, send me the solution https://plus.google.com/u/0/118248747128561705146/posts

neihara

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

yes, I'm Brazilian and I did not found the solution.
I'm thinking to buy the usb port on ebay site and open the device by myself and change the part.

anon0148

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site

Well, there are few issues here. Since you can't access the phone from PC/laptop/MAC and its not getting charged.

One common one for all my electronic devices is to remove static charge between the two connector leads. So, what you do is rub the male and female connectors of your usb charger wire and phone with an eraser, cloth or better an anti-static pen. It also works all the time. Also use the phone in developer mode just incase you have to boot it from terminal or something. Try again and again.

HTH

danpv

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
Got my One from Amazon last September. Previously no problem charging the phone with my car's cig lighter, but within the past week it won't charge at all this way and just keeps waking up if I try to sleep it. The Verizon charger that I use in the car has a USB port that I'll try next.

However, so far no problems charging at home using wall socket. Prior HTC fanboy, but the love is fading fast.

apastrophe

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
It IS a hardware problem. The typical issues are:-

1. Phone not charging
2. USB not detected
3. Handsfree / Car mode auto activated during a call.

This is an issue with USB connector. Get it changed from service centre. This thing happened to me and I changed it from HTC service centre. Only issue is, HTC ppl factory reset your phone for that. I had no clue about this and lost a huge chunk of important data

Peter785

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
WOW, I used a small amount of contact cleaner in the charger port and it actually worked.
My phone is now charging as per normal.
Crap thing is i already done a system reset on the phone before i tried this.

Echop232

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
If I turn off my phone, it can be charged or it is recognised the USB in Bootloader but when I turn on the phone I can not charge it or my PC/Mac can not recognise it.

Do you have any solution? I have tried all in this thread but it does not work up to now :( Too bad

Leonardo R

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

yes, I'm Brazilian and I did not found the solution.
I'm thinking to buy the usb port on ebay site and open the device by myself and change the part.

Did you change the usb port already?

Now my htc One are completely bricked. Does not charge, connect ou either turn on.

I'm thinking that is a hardware problem too. But I do not know if it is worth open the device. It is too dangerous (a lot of people broken the phone when tried it).

biln

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

im pretty sure it is a hardware problem, the usb port this is the 3rd time happening to me and my 3rd phone. i just bring mine to at&t and they give me a new phone right then and there, i dont even pay the ripoff insurance because you get a 1 year warranty from htc. this will be my 4th phone tomorrow before my one year is even up. after 1 year you get 90 days if you returned your phone. but i dont know why this keeps happening. at&t always wants to do a factory reset so they do it and it still wont charge and phone still acts funny, thats why i think it is the usb port screwing up.