AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 5 (SM-G900A) on March 9, 2016

hopismum

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Upgrade Device Software for the Samsung Galaxy S5 (G900A)
Instructions :
Update summary
AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 5 (SM-G900A) on March 9, 2016. The update is available via download using Firmware Over The Air (FOTA). Wi-Fi is required for the update.

Software update includes
Device security enhancements
Device performance enhancements
User-initiated software update
Drag down the notification bar and tap Settings.
Scroll to the "System" category, and tap About device.
Tap Software update.
Tap Check for updates.
The phone displays: Software update process will not delete any personal data on your phone. Check the AT&T server for new software update?
Tap OK.
A status message displays:
Checking for update; Processing The download for the software update will begin in a moment. The software download may take several minutes.
Downloading
Software update: A software update is available for your device that requires Wi-Fi connectivity for download progress to begin. Connect to a Wi-Fi network? For a list of free Wi-Fi networks click here AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots.
Select Continue or remind me later.
The phone displays: A new software update from AT&T is available for our device. This download will occur over Wi-Fi. Please make sure that you stay within the Wi-Fi coverage area while the download takes place. This could take several minutes.
Tap Continue.
A status message displays:
Downloading software update, Please do not leave Wi-Fi coverage area.
A new software update from AT&T is available for your device. This software update will take several minutes and will not delete any personal data on your device. All service (including emergency calls) will be suspended during the install.
The device will automatically restart once the new software has successfully installed.
Update Complete. The software has been successfully installed. Your device is now ready to use.
Tap Done.
Verifying the update
Drag down the notification bar, and tap the Settings icon.
Scroll to the "System" category, and tap About device.
The following information displays:
Android version: 5.1.1
Baseband version: G900AUCU4CPA1
Kernel version: 3.4.0-5869384
Build number: LMY47X.G900AUCU4CPA1
Upgrade file size: 209MB

Posted via the Android Central App

hopismum

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Yep and some performance enhancements. Phones abit snappier. Android Security patch says Feb 1st.

SnowyRa1n

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm suffering from the same issues I saw some Verizon customers have, and that after the upgrade my phone doesn't recognize my apps on the SD card (though it recognizes the SD card itself just fine).

Jiggypiggy

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
My update will fully download, phone will restart, and seconds after it says installing. It says installation failed, it finishes the restart. Any ideas?

emceebee

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm betting you don't have enough free space -- last time I updated, I had to remove many of my apps so I would have more than 5gb free before it would install successfully.

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, most likely a space issue. Free up some space and try again. I believe download is approximately 206 MB. You can also advance your date/time a day or two ahead so you can re-download and try again.
Good luck.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
AT&T branded, running off Cricket Wireless I get this:
AT&T Software Update
Software Update Interrupted
No Update is available for your device at this time. Please try again in 24 hours.

Never downloads. Just this.
Enabled all apps, and cleared cache, and get the same.
I'm on 5.1.1, and I got that update while still on AT&T proper.
Never had an update on Cricket service; Will I need to get a friends ATT sim to get OTA updates?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
AT&T branded, running off Cricket Wireless I get this:
AT&T Software Update
Software Update Interrupted
No Update is available for your device at this time. Please try again in 24 hours.

Never downloads. Just this.
Enabled all apps, and cleared cache, and get the same.
I'm on 5.1.1, and I got that update while still on AT&T proper.
Never had an update on Cricket service; Will I need to get a friends ATT sim to get OTA updates?

As per #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, you need to be registered on the AT&T network to receive their updates on the G900A model.

jj8279

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Anyone notice the galaxy S5 seems to be running a bit warmer since 3/9/16 or 3/10/16 AT&T update?
Anyone realizing the same?

Is there a fix?

sdeeter19555

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Mine and the wife's devices both got smoking hot while the install took place. Rebooted after things quieted down and have had no issues with getting warm.

Did have blanks for all apps installed on the SD card, but that will eventually clear itself if you just wait. Happened on both devices, took about ten minutes to clear.

deke40

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Had the warm up problem on both our S5s but it cooled off fairly soon.

jodeg1945

Feb 26, 2016
Visit site
I just got this update, but since it still says Version 5.1.1, this isn't the update to Marshmallow 6.0, right?

Is the S5 going to get the 6.0 update?

Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohsin sadat