AT&T released a software update for the Samsung Galaxy S 5 (SM-G900A) on March 9, 2016

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
[So I suppose I'm pretty pleased re: this update. Great standby time too.

Posted via the Android Central App

Screenshot_2016-03-21-13-12-12.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-21-13-12-18.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-03-21-13-12-18.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 13

Mareln

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Having a ton of trouble since i downloaded.... I first had to rid myself of a ton of videos to have enough storage. But now, phone turns off randomly and restarts, calls cut out where I can no longer hear the person on the other end (but they can still hear me) and when I plug it in to charge it says that the charger is not a supported charger. Any advice?

anon(1017475)

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thought I would also mention...I don't know what they did to improve the software for the fingerprint scanner...but IT IS significantly improved; to the point that I'm using it as the main means to unlock my phone now. YMMV.

srade3

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Ever since that update, I can't access any internet or data connection through the cellular network. (I use StraightTalk, which is a reseller of ATT). I called them and they can't solve the problem. Is it possible this update caused my cell phone to lock when it was previously unlocked?

srade3

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
The update was forced onto my Samsung Galaxy 5 Active and since then I have been able to get data or an internet connection via my cellular service/cell signal. I have StraightTalk, which is an ATT reseller. I called them and they were unable to fix the problem even with updating the APN settings. As anyone else had this problem. Is it possible for the update to lock a previously unloced phone.

Henry503

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
AT&T branded, running off Cricket Wireless I get this:
AT&T Software Update
Software Update Interrupted
No Update is available for your device at this time. Please try again in 24 hours.

Never downloads. Just this.
Enabled all apps, and cleared cache, and get the same.
I'm on 5.1.1, and I got that update while still on AT&T proper.
Never had an update on Cricket service; Will I need to get a friends ATT sim to get OTA updates?
I have the same issue but I'm still KitKat 4.4.2 Samsung galaxy s5 can you guys help me out

steno

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I'm in a similar situation. unlocked at&t phone but in Belgium. Is it true that i won't get any updates for this phone while not on the AT&T network? Does that mean i have to travel to the US, buy a simcard of at&t there to get any further updates?

would appreciate if you let me know how you solved your update issue

thanks

sten

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
menblattcard