Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Personalized ringers back with manual HTC update!

I noticed this was also posted in various threads, but I figured it was a big enough thing to make it's own thread announcement.

So there's an update for our phone that addresses the issue with personalized ringers for contacts! Just do a manual push of the HTC Software Update button and there it is!

Ring away...
    Thanked by 5:

Default Re: Personalized ringers back with manual HTC update!

Yes they are thank god

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Now I get no sound for texts....

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    Now I get no sound for texts....
    My custom sound for texts was reset back to default. Just had to go back into
    Messages - Settings and re-select the custom sound.

---------- Post Merged at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:46 PM ----------

After applying the update I saw a bunch of strangeness with wifi and 3G notifications and behavior. Did a simulated battery pull and it seems to have fixed things.

I updated the fix on the 22nd and everthing worked great, I had all my personal rintones back. Today I received a phone call and I got a default/stock ringtone. (I tried different phones to make sure it was not just a one time thing, but I get the same result with different phones) Has anyone else had this problem?...I have not installed any apps, updated any apps, or updated anything else since the ringtone contact fix.

Quote Originally Posted by thepabs3 View Post
    I updated the fix on the 22nd and everthing worked great, I had all my personal rintones back. Today I received a phone call and I got a default/stock ringtone. (I tried different phones to make sure it was not just a one time thing, but I get the same result with different phones) Has anyone else had this problem?...I have not installed any apps, updated any apps, or updated anything else since the ringtone contact fix.
    I went to the sprint store they did a manual rebbot of the last update and that fixed the problem.

There was no update available for me when I selected software update. No worries. I never assign my contacts different ringtones.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

When I manually updated the HTC software, it said no updates available and my personalized ringtones still don't work.

Mine is showing phone is up to date as well. Not showing any update yet. Wonder what the deal is?

Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Mine is showing phone is up to date as well. Not showing any update yet. Wonder what the deal is?
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by jcole01272 View Post
    +1

I still haven't seen the update. Is anyone else having this issue?

I still haven't seen the update. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Yes. My wife's phone was working fine before she received an update (not sure if it's "the" update), but after receiving an update she no longer has custom ringtones.

Quote Originally Posted by KahneFan View Post
    Yes. My wife's phone was working fine before she received an update (not sure if it's "the" update), but after receiving an update she no longer has custom ringtones.
    I am talking about the update to fix the contact ringtone assignment. I see where we can download it from xda but I don't know why my phone is still saying up to date and not showing the update.

I am talking about the update to fix the contact ringtone assignment. I see where we can download it from xda but I don't know why my phone is still saying up to date and not showing the update.
    Right, custom ringtones for contacts. She can change her default ringtone, but she cannot assign a ringtone to contacts - well, she can, it just won't ring with said ringtone.

Right, custom ringtones for contacts. She can change her default ringtone, but she cannot assign a ringtone to contacts - well, she can, it just won't ring with said ringtone.
    When you go into software updates under settings and check for the HTC software update does it have one? Mine does not but as others have reported it should have came out already.

When you go into software updates under settings and check for the HTC software update does it have one? Mine does not but as others have reported it should have came out already.
    See this thread, I think this is what happened: No custom ringtones after update

See this thread, I think this is what happened: No custom ringtones after update
    Yep. I guessed they pulled it because it screwed up other items.

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Yep. I guessed they pulled it because it screwed up other items.
    Yeah, I believe the update to fix custom ringers ROYALLY screwed some folks up to where they go into "Boot loop" when activating/deactivating their WiFi signal.
    I have a message in with HTC regarding this.
    Palm Pilot Pro->Palm V->BlackBerry 8100->PalmTreo650->PalmTreo680->OG iPhone->Palm Pre->OG Evo4G->EVO4GLTE,HTC ONE!