Going Back to iPhone 5

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Going Back to Iphone 5

The iPhone 5 is a great phone and a good decision. I must say, though, that a lot of your concerns could have easily been addressed and fixed. A stock Android device is nothing compared to a rooted one, especially when it comes to turning off certain features you do not like, for instance BlinkFeed. Also I don't understand how it didn't work well with your car, because it works beautifully with mine. And as for the Otterbox, lol, that has absolutely nothing to do with the device because you can use it with one hand without it, it was your choice to install it. I cannot comment on camera because I am not much of a photographer and the One takes great photos for me when I need it. As for the battery, mine lasts over a day with minimal usage and about a 18 hours with fairly heavy usage (although without playing games).

On a side note, you're probably one of the very few people I've seen who actually like iTunes and how iDevices completely rely on it. I was an iPhone user ever since the first one and until the iPhone 4, and I must say I totally hated iTunes and I mainly jailbroke in order to try as much as I can not to rely on it.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

The syncing is wireless,faster then dragging and dropping

Posted via Android Central App
Lol. Right. You know that's impossible right?

But I don't sync anything. I copy my music to iTunes and it syncs to my Google music automatically, so I don't have to do anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site

Lol. Right. You know that's impossible right?

But I don't sync anything. I copy my music to iTunes and it syncs to my Google music automatically, so I don't have to do anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Well its even easier then dragging and dropping

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

Well its even easier then dragging and dropping

I guess it's a personal thing. Some people like making and syncing play lists etc. I usually copy over a few things in case I don't have mobile access. Otherwise everything is available via Google music.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I guess it's a personal thing. Some people like making and syncing play lists etc. I usually copy over a few things in case I don't have mobile access. Otherwise everything is available via Google music.

Sent from my Nexus 4

When I was using my iPhone I would make my albums into playlists and they would automatically sync over the wifi. I also used playlists to organize songs based on my mood. I use to hate playlists till I decided to make them a subject of my OCD.

Now the nice thing about Google Music is that it will make my playlists appear too.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

When I was using my iPhone I would make my albums into playlists and they would automatically sync over the wifi. I also used playlists to organize songs based on my mood. I use to hate playlists till I decided to make them a subject of my OCD.

Now the nice thing about Google Music is that it will make my playlists appear too.
That instant playlist feature is "Genius". I love how you can make any playlist from one song.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Riffbear

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm in the same boat..
Im about to call my provider and cancel my just recent renewed contract and get an iphone 5..
yes the screen is great, sound is 2nd to none!

But texting on this phone is horrible (like all androids that Ive tried)
BUT my biggest downfall with this phone is its reception.
I'm lucky to get 1 bar where as on my iphone 4s i get 3 bars.

Most texts say "will send when network found"

If the reception was good (im in a rural area) and texting was as good as the iPhone then I would have definitely kept it.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

I'm in the same boat..
Im about to call my provider and cancel my just recent renewed contract and get an iphone 5..

If the reception was good (im in a rural area) and texting was as good as the iPhone then I would have definitely kept it.

How is texting "horrible" on all Android phones? Do you mean the keyboard, the text app?
As far as reception goes you might have a defective unit. My One has worked everywhere my last phones have and that includes many rural locations. You might consider swapping for a different One to see if that makes a difference.

Riffbear

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

How is texting "horrible" on all Android phones? Do you mean the keyboard, the text app?
As far as reception goes you might have a defective unit. My One has worked everywhere my last phones have and that includes many rural locations. You might consider swapping for a different One to see if that makes a difference.

I should have been clearer..
The keyboard isnt good at all.. I tried downloading other keyboards (the beauty of android) but still none where to my liking.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

I'm in the same boat..

What carrier? Can you be more specific as to your rural location?

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I should have been clearer..
The keyboard isnt good at all.. I tried downloading other keyboards (the beauty of android) but still none where to my liking.

That's quite unusual. With all the different choices I'm surprised you didnt find one you liked. IMO, just the added real estate alone makes typing on an Android phone miles better than iPhone.

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

That's quite unusual. With all the different choices I'm surprised you didnt find one you liked. IMO, just the added real estate alone makes typing on an Android phone miles better than iPhone.

Plus the ability to use Swype like typing on several keyboards now I would think he'd find something. I can hardly use tap typing now because it feels so slow and clunky. Give SwiftKey a try. Not many people dislike it once they've used it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa