Perfectly working HTC Vivid soft bricked! (REPOST)

joshmaneri123

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I have had the HTC Vivid 4G for about a year now and have never had any problems with it until now. About a week ago I was experiencing network difficulty with AT&T so I restarted my Vivid and when I did that it just got stuck on the white screen that says "HTC" on it that first appears when an HTC phone is turned on or restarted. That day, my Vivid stayed at that white HTC screen for about 10 hours straight before I had to resort to taking the back plate off and removing the battery. I have always taken good care of my phone and I'm very tech savvy and know what to do and what not to do with androids. Any and all help or comments are appreciated! I need to fix this! Also, I know nothing about bootloaders and flashing and roms. I've never messed with any of that stuff so I'm sure my phone is locked. One last thing, I have tried recovering and boot menu starting my phone and nothing works. :( :'( :-\

joshmaneri123

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
- - - Updated - - -

Official AT&T Vivid ICS RUU from HTC - xda-developers

Just download that file in the first post (The RUU) and follow the instructions that the RUU tells you and in a matter of 10 minutes, your Vivid will work once again.

Note: Must have HTC Drivers installed.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Thanks so much for the reply. I see it says it will erase all of my personal data. Is there any possible way I can backup all my data? I have approximately 100 contacts and 800 pictures.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Go in and see if the contacts are backed up with Google. If you pictures are saved to an external sdcard it should not erase them. I would take the card out to be sure.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

joshmaneri123

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Go in and see if the contacts are backed up with Google. If you pictures are saved to an external sdcard it should not erase them. I would take the card out to be sure.

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

I checked and my contacts are on google and SOME of my pictures on my external sd. The new problem now is this:
6afc9e46eb92ffd8646af46149cbbea3.png
I have my phone plugged into my computer of course and I turned it on too...

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The HTC Vivid doesn't have a download mode like Samsung phones do, just an HBOOT.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
And I just looked at the image, you need to have HTC Drivers installed, your bootloader must be LOCKED, and since you can't boot your phone to the OS, just manually take it to the FASTBOOT menu.

HTC Drivers: http://db.tt/Pi0WLxUf

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
lol...sorry my bad. it has been a bit since I did an HTC and I was thinking Samsung.

Are the drivers installed? Install HTC Sync from here: HTC Support Center and make sure the phone is recognized by the computer. Also, right click on the RUU and run it as an administrator.

joshmaneri123

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
And I just looked at the image, you need to have HTC Drivers installed, your bootloader must be LOCKED, and since you can't boot your phone to the OS, just manually take it to the FASTBOOT menu.

HTC Drivers: http://db.tt/Pi0WLxUf

lol...sorry my bad. it has been a bit since I did an HTC and I was thinking Samsung.

Are the drivers installed? Install HTC Sync from here: HTC Support Center and make sure the phone is recognized by the computer. Also, right click on the RUU and run it as an administrator.

Yes I'm 100% sure that correct HTC drivers are installed and I have the lastest version of HTC Sync installed. I have already tried using the RUU while my Vivid is at the HBOOT menu and I still get the exact same error...

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The Fastboot menu is in the HBOOT menu. You have to select FASTBOOT and make sure it says FASTBOOT USB.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty