Latest ver of Swype Beta no longer auto capitalizes the letter 'I'

OnePalmAddict

Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets
Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I have v1.3.1.9410. Is that what others have as the latest?

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

OnePalmAddict

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Oddly enough, I just had it randomly capitalize it in the middle of a sentence one time, but not the second time in the same sentence. Makes no sense at all.

Hmmmm...just experimented as I typed this message...seems as though it does capitalize it if Swype suggests 'I' as the next word in the sentence and I do, in fact, choose it (as it did in this sentence i just typed--but NOT in the parentheses as you can see). I am 100% certain i have never had this problem with Swype prior to the last update (did it again in this sentence, as you can see). :mad:

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Android Central Forums

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Oddly enough, I just had it randomly capitalize it in the middle of a sentence one time, but not the second time in the same sentence. Makes no sense at all.

Hmmmm...just experimented as I typed this message...seems as though it does capitalize it if Swype suggests 'I' as the next word in the sentence and I do, in fact, choose it (as it did in this sentence i just typed--but NOT in the parentheses as you can see). I am 100% certain i have never had this problem with Swype prior to the last update (did it again in this sentence, as you can see). :mad:

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

I am typing this from my phone using Swype Beta and I is always capital I and never small I. I have looked at the settings and I didn't see anything that needed to be tweaked, but as you can see I is definitely a capital letter.

EDIT: If this was a problem there would be more than just your post about it. Check your settings and your Swype dictionary too.

S3NTYN3L

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I, too, have this issue on my Droid Razr HD.
I got this phone last month. It came with ICS on it.
Big Red pushed JB to me last week and the issue remains.

Hopefully, my thread necro will prompt more users with this issue to come forward with suggestions and/or see what we can do to get the devs over at Swype to correct this...

OnePalmAddict

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
S3NTYN3L, be sure you have the latest version. Swype has been updated at least once since my original post, and the issue seems to have been resolved on my device. But alas...still no JB for me. :'(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non