1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Addicted 2 Mobile Gadgets

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

Default Latest ver of Swype Beta no longer auto capitalizes the letter 'I'

Anyone else seeing this? It's about to drive me nuts!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums
    Mark A. Einersen
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Epic Touch (Galaxy S2) Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 HTC Evo Palm Treo 755p pa1mOne Treo 650 Palm Tungsten|T3 Sony Clie NR70 Palm m505 Palm Vx Palm Pilot Professional (w/2MB upgrade) Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 & SF-1000
    (Wife: Nexus S3 Evo Pixi Centro m105)

Default Re: Latest ver of Swype Beta no longer auto capitalizes the letter 'I'

Quote Originally Posted by Android Addict View Post
    Anyone else seeing this? It's about to drive me nuts!
    I do not have that problem at all. I am using the latest version of Swype Beta and it auto-capitalizes "I" with no problems.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

FWIW, I have v1.3.1.9410. Is that what others have as the latest?

Mark A. Einersen
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Samsung Galaxy S3 Samsung Epic Touch (Galaxy S2) Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 HTC Evo Palm Treo 755p pa1mOne Treo 650 Palm Tungsten|T3 Sony Clie NR70 Palm m505 Palm Vx Palm Pilot Professional (w/2MB upgrade) Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 & SF-1000

Mine does.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

FWIW, I have v1.3.1.9410. Is that what others have as the latest?
    That is the latest version.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

Oddly enough, I just had it randomly capitalize it in the middle of a sentence one time, but not the second time in the same sentence. Makes no sense at all.

Hmmmm...just experimented as I typed this message...seems as though it does capitalize it if Swype suggests 'I' as the next word in the sentence and I do, in fact, choose it (as it did in this sentence i just typed--but NOT in the parentheses as you can see). I am 100% certain i have never had this problem with Swype prior to the last update (did it again in this sentence, as you can see).

Mark A. Einersen

Oddly enough, I just had it randomly capitalize it in the middle of a sentence one time, but not the second time in the same sentence. Makes no sense at all.

Hmmmm...just experimented as I typed this message...seems as though it does capitalize it if Swype suggests 'I' as the next word in the sentence and I do, in fact, choose it (as it did in this sentence i just typed--but NOT in the parentheses as you can see). I am 100% certain i have never had this problem with Swype prior to the last update (did it again in this sentence, as you can see).

I am typing this from my phone using Swype Beta and I is always capital I and never small I. I have looked at the settings and I didn't see anything that needed to be tweaked, but as you can see I is definitely a capital letter.

EDIT: If this was a problem there would be more than just your post about it. Check your settings and your Swype dictionary too.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

I, too, have this issue on my Droid Razr HD.
    I got this phone last month. It came with ICS on it.
    Big Red pushed JB to me last week and the issue remains.

Hopefully, my thread necro will prompt more users with this issue to come forward with suggestions and/or see what we can do to get the devs over at Swype to correct this...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts

S3NTYN3L, be sure you have the latest version. Swype has been updated at least once since my original post, and the issue seems to have been resolved on my device. But alas...still no JB for me.
    Mark A. Einersen