My first S24Ultra complaint...

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
There are still many bugs on the S24 ultra. Just for no reason and do not disturb on....no texts or calls, on the charger, the screen will light up periodically in the middle of the night waking me up. The screen also comes on when fully charged....though not all of the time. The fact Samsung hasn't updated the software is BS. I wish I just stayed with the S23 ultra. The camera also can't seem to focus in video mode when zooming in. Just absolutely a sad excuse Samsung put this phone out before it was ready for prime time.

Reactions: rvbfan

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I tried using the Samsung keyboard for a few days because they have some really cool options, like the glowing and pulsating action whenever you swipe or type, but consarnit, the predictive Swype was terrible! I was basically swiping and deleting half the time I was using it. GBoard is just far .ore accurate in terms of key presses and predicting what word I wanted to Swype to type.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
There are still many bugs on the S24 ultra. Just for no reason and do not disturb on....no texts or calls, on the charger, the screen will light up periodically in the middle of the night waking me up. The screen also comes on when fully charged....though not all of the time. The fact Samsung hasn't updated the software is BS. I wish I just stayed with the S23 ultra. The camera also can't seem to focus in video mode when zooming in. Just absolutely a sad excuse Samsung put this phone out before it was ready for prime time.
There are things that were working fine on the 23U that do not work on the 24U. One that is bugging me is the lack of album art over Bluetooth in my car. I tried messing with the developer settings, tried different music apps, and nothing. Everything worked fine a week ago using the 23U with the same apps and settings.

• Wow
Reactions: phillthedrill

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I tried using the Samsung keyboard for a few days because they have some really cool options, like the glowing and pulsating action whenever you swipe or type, but consarnit, the predictive Swype was terrible! I was basically swiping and deleting half the time I was using it. GBoard is just far .ore accurate in terms of key presses and predicting what word I wanted to Swype to type.
Agreed. I swear there are times when I see how poorly of an attempt I made at typing yet gboard somehow still got it right. It's like Gboard is reading my mind or something.

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
There are things that were working fine on the 23U that do not work on the 24U. One that is bugging me is the lack of album art over Bluetooth in my car. I tried messing with the developer settings, tried different music apps, and nothing. Everything worked fine a week ago using the 23U with the same apps and settings.
See? It's stuff like this that is beyond ridiculous. Why is all of the stuff they fixed with the S23 not carried over? It seems like all of the bugs and everything is starting back at square one. Just beyond ridiculous for a $1300 phone.

Reactions: BEaRebel

MoreDef

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Have any of you tried SwiftKey? It's a good keyboard app.
Is it more accurate than Gboard when it comes to predicting text? I really like all the pretty things Samsung did with their keyboard and features. It's aesthetically very pleasing, but there's no point to it if I've got to attempt the swipe for every word 5 times, or worse, try five times, fail, then have to manually type it out...only for the keyboard to autocorrect my word even when I clicked the check mark to confirm it's the word I meant to type (true experience, which was my breaking point for Samsung keyboard).

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Is it more accurate than Gboard when it comes to predicting text? I really like all the pretty things Samsung did with their keyboard and features. It's aesthetically very pleasing, but there's no point to it if I've got to attempt the swipe for every word 5 times, or worse, try five times, fail, then have to manually type it out...only for the keyboard to autocorrect my word even when I clicked the check mark to confirm it's the word I meant to type (true experience, which was my breaking point for Samsung keyboard).
I think SwiftKey is superior on predicting text. I used Gboard for several months last year to see how that worked. SwiftKey wins (for me).

Reactions: Laura Knotek

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I agree, Swiftkey is the best at text prediction and even gives you metrics on how much time and clicks it saved you.

But the glide/swipe typing is about like Samsung. If they could perfect that as Gboard has done, I'd switch to Swiftkey for sure. I was using Swiftkey back before Microsoft bought them.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I agree, Swiftkey is the best at text prediction and even gives you metrics on how much time and clicks it saved you.

But the glide/swipe typing is about like Samsung. If they could perfect that as Gboard has done, I'd switch to Swiftkey for sure. I was using Swiftkey back before Microsoft bought them.
Haven't tried Swiftkey in years, but that was my problem with it. Laggy and generally bad input... It doesn't matter how good the prediction is if it feels like my keyboard is unresponsive.

It is possible they've fixed the lag I had, but I'd need a more compelling reason to try it again than "it exists".

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Haven't tried Swiftkey in years, but that was my problem with it. Laggy and generally bad input... It doesn't matter how good the prediction is if it feels like my keyboard is unresponsive.

It is possible they've fixed the lag I had, but I'd need a more compelling reason to try it again than "it exists".
It hasn't been laggy for me since 2017.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It hasn't been laggy for me since 2017.
Probably about the last time I used it... I know I've never bothered on a Samsung phone, and my first one of them was the S10e.
Back in 2010-ish ... there used to be another rather popular keyboard that I remember liking better than the (pre-microsoft) Swiftkey, (and that might've also started with an 'S'? :unsure:... not sure; I hope I'm not getting 'Some-timers memory lapse'!).
Anyways, I used on my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket ! :), and my Galaxy SIII.
I wonder what happened to it? But no use wondering if I can't recall what it was called! :unsure: 😐

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened or not."
—Mark Twain

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Back in 2010-ish ... there used to be another rather popular keyboard that I remember liking better than the (pre-microsoft) Swiftkey, (and that might've also started with an 'S'? :unsure:... not sure; I hope I'm not getting 'Some-timers memory lapse'!).
I wonder what happened to it? But no use wondering if I can't recall what it was called! :unsure:

—Mark Twain
Swype was the first glide-typing keyboard, I believe.

I recall using weird ones before Gboard. Fleksy and Ginger were a couple oddball names but back in the day offered interesting features.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what happened to it? But no use wondering if I can't recall what it was called! :unsure:

—Mark Twain
I think you're probably talking about Swype. They we're bought, stripped for parts and killed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zbxbzbc