help with messages

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Before I factory reset my phone I had no issue attaching pictures to my texts. Now is gives a me a pop up that says "unable to load file"

I am using the infamous orange samsung messages app. Has anyone ran across this before?

Posted via the Android Central App

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I factory reset after 5.1.1. My battery started to drain precipitously and I did not know why. When my phone updated the "enhanced 4g LTE" got reactivated in the process. I did not realize that it had done so and couldn't figure out the sudden poor battery performance. Android system was the biggest battery hog taking 40% or so. It hadn't been factory reset since I bought it last November.

This phone has has always run like a champ. Zero issues. I am thinking that a setting got changed during the reset.

My phone has never been glitchy.....

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
This was the problem. Thanks. I cleared Google photos in defaults. The messages app reset to gallery. Problem fixed.

I knew this was a user error thing, I just didn't know where to look. This phone has never had any issues I did not personally create

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great! I'll keep that in mind in case someone else has this issue. It's odd that the stock Messages app can't use the Google Photos app to select a photo, though ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kevinrshay1984