Decision on S4

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I am just deciding what phone to get and have narrowed it to the HTC one or the S4. I have listed what I see as the + and - points about the S4 - if anyone wants to offer up and more +'s or expand on my points then please feel free - it may help others making a similar choice.

+ Removeable battery - I wont be carrying a spare around with me but I figure if I use the phone lots and the battery takes a hit after I charge it too many times then its easy to buy and fit a new battery
+ Expandable memory - I am hoping to use the phone to listen to podcasts and other media so having a 64gb card will be nice to hold all those files
- Only 16gb (reduced to 8.5 useable) internal storage - this isnt much to store the apps and associated files
+ Wireless charging that isnt present on the htc one
+ Fast charging - with all the comments about the htc one charging slowly, i see this as a plus point
- Physical home button - I see this as a negative as I see it as a part which can break / come loose / get dirt underneath and start to fail as its one of the most used parts of the phone.
+ Hand gestures - many are just show off points but I do like the swipe to answer which may come in useful in the car.

If anyone has any more please feel free to add comments

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
Remember with the S4 you can purchase a Micro SD card and move apps to that as well as store Music and Pictures there.

The S4 is an amazing device!!!! I think the camera is better as well....

Just my 2 cents :) :cool:

nickthorley

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Jcochran1977: thanks for your comments - I appreciate them. I have considered the moving apps to the card but from what I hear not all apps work and ones that do dont take their data with them and hence in the case of google music - I may be able to move 20mb of app but 6gb of data will remain on the phone rather than card - correct?

starbuckk

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
There are 32gb versions available for some carriers.

Ive only had mine (16gb) a couple weeks. So far no issues with memory but I do the high demand stuff on my tablet.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

james busbin

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Me personally having used both I chose the s4 the screen is a bit sharper and brighter on the htc one, since the latest update I personally do not see lag on my phone like I did, the removable battery has came in handy so many times for example while at a concert taking pics and uploading videos killed my battery simply replaced it with a fresh one while the friend had to ask me to send all the pics to him since his iPhone 5 died, one of the main reason I love the phone also the 5 inch screen is noticeably larger

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa