AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, then you should change your signature! ;)

Since you have both...can you let us know any differences you notice or bugs or why you like that model more, etc? I mentioned just a few earlier in this thread.

You should like you Sprint OTA update soon too! :)
Ha very true will fix :)
I will post up more findings this evening

MattMJB0188

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
The device is amazing!!! The screen is simply gorgeous. It will take some getting use to. I can already tell battery life is amazing because between my 2 hours work out it only dropped about 3 percent with Spotify running the entire time.

LTE is great. The speaker on this phone is also very loud, something I have desired in a phone for a long time. You can also feel the 2GB of ram plus the quad core processor when swiping throughout home screens. No lag whatsoever.

RoC1909

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Some folks on the Sprint subforum have said they too NOW have these additional notification screen toggles after applying the multi-window update. One toggle is 'multi-window' as expected. We should get that in addition to our notification toggles, once we get the multi-window update on AT&T.

You got the new toggles when your system got the OTA update.

corymcnutt

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I think one problem is the lack of quality headphones designed to work with Android, and those are not consistent.
Not sure, but I read the Klipsch S4a do not play well with Galaxy S2, so not sure
about other Samsung phone compatibility.

I would be willing to pay well for a good quality headphone set that was know to work, but absent that, the stock headphones are best for that purpose. :(
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I have the Klipsch ear buds and they sound great, BUT, the controller does not work right with the Bionic either...that was with Gingerbread, I haven't tried them yet with ICS. Another thing, for what they cost ($100), the wires get tangled so easily and seem cheap.

cafleming1987

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a white one earlier, liking it so far except my battery seems to be draining kind of quickly. I'm still trying to get the wifi to sleep (changed the settings), but other than that I am loving this phone. Hopefully the battery will improve after a couple of days.

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
You got the new toggles when your system got the OTA update.

? Eh? that was what I said :)

To be clear...AT&T model has the rest of the missing notification options/toggles at the top, missing on Sprint's model (before they got the OTA announcement), and not sure about T-Mobile's.

So, it's just odd that our build has those features and they didn't, but maybe that's just the nature of the roll-out game...I think that the Sprint manual for their Note 2 only depicted 5 toggles, as well, so this wasn't a bug they were correcting.

My AT&T build kernel date is 4 Oct I think. Not sure what Sprint's is...i'll ask my friend later.
3.0.31-215287 kernel version

Last edited:

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
FOUND A BUG!

Not rooted, not activated yet either (going to, this weekend)...just testing what I got so far.

My AT&T build has a kernel date of 4 Oct.
3.0.31-215287 kernel version

Found a bug... My screen is all pink/purple hue after messing with the video recorder.

It is not restarting and not able to power off with long press of side key. Totally stuck!!!

I can't power it off hardwise (is that possible by the way, I haven't looked and new to Samsung devices).

Stuck. Purple/pink hue .

The 'images' are tiled copies of what the camera sees in real time. It's stuck in messed up this camera/video mode.

Tried video recording and saw 'slo-mo' feature, and then a way to change from 1/2 to 1/4 and 1/8. Somehow, around then I hit record by accident. Then this just weird state of 'freeze' frame video started happening a few seconds later. I don't recall what details happened in between, if anything. Was going to leave camera app, that's about all i recall.

Opened it up and removed the battery. Popped back in. Restart, all is fine now. I'll test that again...er...later. Damn that was annoying as hell.

Took a pic and video (actually I can't insert the mov video here unless it's from a website, but I can send it via email I guess if you want to help debug this) with the iPhone.

Still haven't activated the Note 2 yet...was testing and setting up. I'll have to check the xda forums and find out how to alert Samsung.

Pic looks blue...but it's purple/pink, not that that matters much.

View attachment 45512

Last edited:

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
The screen resolution is a bit lacking in you are used to HTC One X or iPhone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

I can't speak for the HTC One X but I've had just about every iPhone and the Note II screen is just as good to my eyes.
But let's just say that the iPhone screen is better, marginally better if that.
The rest of the iPhone still sucks compared to all the features that the Note II has.

Rsinart

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know why At&t didn't include dropbox, and the 50gb free storage I read that Samsung and Dropbox were offering to those who bought the device?

blaze5

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know why At&t didn't include dropbox, and the 50gb free storage I read that Samsung and Dropbox were offering to those who bought the device?

Only sprint and tmobile are doing that promotion which I think is dumb all 4 carriers should do it

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't speak for the HTC One X but I've had just about every iPhone and the Note II screen is just as good to my eyes.
But let's just say that the iPhone screen is better, marginally better if that.
The rest of the iPhone still sucks compared to all the features that the Note II has.

Agreed...

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I got mine last night and i love it! Still setting it up.
I notice the stock weather widget won't refresh/update by itself. I had this problem when my skyrocket was updated to ICS. I switched to HD widgets weather app and it worked fine. I will be using it on my GN2.
I showed my wife and she said it wasn't a phone it was a tablet! She likes the screen and the camera.

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Keep it on topic guys, don't turn a good thread into repeated comments on the lack of headphones. It shipped without them. Talk about it somewhere relevant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

nquach88

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I just got the phone yesterday... almost dropped it a couple times. Its just too smooth and slippery... I'm about to get a case. Other than that.... I love the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87