Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Default Re: AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratochuck View Post
    No Headphone+No FM Radios= More Data usage due to streaming internet radio stations = More $$$$ for A.T.&T.
    Are ppl really complaining about a $5 pair of headphones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rsinart View Post
    Anyone know why At&t didn't include dropbox, and the 50gb free storage I read that Samsung and Dropbox were offering to those who bought the device?
    $$$

Quote Originally Posted by chevyman29 View Post
    can anybody compare the reception to there old phone and report back please?
    My LTE reception doesn't seem as strong as my iPhone was. Battery life was worse than my iPhone yesterday, let it drain to 10% before charging. Hopefully I will see better results.
    My name is Chris, and I am a recovering Appleholic .

Keep it on topic guys, don't turn a good thread into repeated comments on the lack of headphones. It shipped without them. Talk about it somewhere relevant.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Primro24 likes this.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

I just got the phone yesterday... almost dropped it a couple times. Its just too smooth and slippery... I'm about to get a case. Other than that.... I love the phone.
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cafleming1987 View Post
    My LTE reception doesn't seem as strong as my iPhone was. Battery life was worse than my iPhone yesterday, let it drain to 10% before charging. Hopefully I will see better results.
    Really? I notice far better LTE reception with my Note 2 versus my iPhone 5.

Got the phone delivered yesterday. The first thing I did was put on my SGP Ultra Oleophobic screen protector on and pop it into my Samsung TPU case after putting my SIM and micro SD card into the phone. I had several things going on so spent many hours at different times setting it up the way wanted then charged it overnight.

My first impressions are:

I like the size and holding it. It is a bit narrower than the OG GNote, so it feels better in my hand. I definitely like the home button better than the one on my SGSIII, it I bigger and sturdier and gives better feedback when you press it. The screen is nice. It could be the lighter wall paper contrasted with the darker wallpaper on the OG Galaxy Note but the screen did not blow me away as much as my OG GNote did back in December 2011. It is a nice screen but I am not sure what I expected from the non pentile screen on the GN2.

There are a ton of settings on this phone. I am very familiar with touch wiz and the number of settings is a bit overwhelming initially. Also changing things like the icons on the lock page etc are a bit different. I was surprised to see the screen mode settings, which is usually taken out for US variants. The default number of screens is three, which you can increase. Like the SGSIII, the default setting on the front camera is not the highest resolution so you have to change that if you want 1.9 mp on the front facing camera. Also the camera settings are a bit different from the SGSIII. You can record video in a variety of formats including slow motion. Of course you can snap pictures while taking video. I recommend the app frame grabber (paid) if you want to get picture from video already taken. Also disappointed that you cannot remove at least some of the ATT bloatware in the stock form. I already had the ATT Visual voice mail app on my SGSIII, so I just added it from the app store. It is working fine. I also tried to add flash player from my list of apps in the play store but it said it was not compatible with my phone. I have the APK and can add but will hold off a bit. Has anyone added the flash APK to their GN2?

The updated S-Pen is amazing. I am still trying to figure out all the functions. There are a lot of videos on you tube that can show you most of the features. I see a lot of useful applications here.

The UI is smooth. I thought it might be way faster than my SGSIII based on reports, but I think they are about the same. It is certainly smoother than my OG Galaxy Note. I disabled the S voice double click from the home button as well as set Window and transition animation scales to .5 from 1. This speeds up the screen transitions a bit. I have not had much time out on the town to see the LTE but the wifi is good and the signal looks better inside my house than my SGSIII. I did use the navigation yesterday to take my daughter to a birthday party and it was flawless. I used the GN2 in my iottie car bracket for the Galaxy Note. It worked flawlessly and is $20 on Amazon. I did not really get the chance to use it with my cars Bluetooth so I am looking forward to doing that. Also I have had a few phones calls and the headset volume is fine and the speaker really improves on the OG Galaxy Note. For the first time I thought max volume might be a bit too loud lol!

I am looking forward to spending more time and getting more familiar with the GN2 and know it is going to be a great device!

Hopefully you all are enjoying your new GN2 as much as I am.
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
    Thanked by 5:
    Martinezma99 likes this.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

How do I draw on pictures

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    ska916jedi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohleo View Post
    How do I draw on pictures

Go to the picture and click the button on the s pen and press and hold the pen on the pic till you hear the camera. Then it will let you draw.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Thanked by:
    Ohleo 

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Go to the picture and click the button on the s pen and press and hold the pen on the pic till you hear the camera. Then it will let you draw.

Thanks I was wondering the same thing. Love this phone. Can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a new gadget. I have done just about everything with this phone.

from my Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

Battery life doesn't seem as good as promised tho

ska916jedi likes this.

It's way better than my iPhone 4
    nanoweewee and Metro2033 like this.

Its awesome to me.

Metro2033 likes this.

UGH, looks like I might be buying this phone off contract, and putting my S3 on Ebay!
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Well if you keep playing with it it won't be. lol

Being that you can do so much more on it, it's gonna be better than every phone but less than a tablet.

I'm having a lot of problems with pages loading. It freezes when loading and then asks to me if I want to wait or close the page. Its getting really annoying. Never had this problem on my 4. Samething trying to post on Face Book. It says I cant post at this time. WTF? !

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams#AC View Post
    Thanks I was wondering the same thing. Love this phone. Can't remember the last time I had so much fun with a new gadget. I have done just about everything with this phone.

AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!-uploadfromtaptalk1352665340710.jpg

OceanView and ska916jedi like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352665340710.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	45775

That's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    UGH, looks like I might be buying this phone off contract, and putting my S3 on Ebay!
    That's exactly what I'm doing. Mine should arrive on Tuesday. I already have my S3 on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by veritas_vincit View Post
    That's exactly what I'm doing. Mine should arrive on Tuesday. I already have my S3 on ebay.
    How much is it going for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts

My battery life is getting much better. Loving this phone.

22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #97  

Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

Ok, um...interesting pictures.

So, to stay on topic...did anyone find any bugs have any issues with their AT&T model (or the Note 2, generally).

Lack of Samsung multi-window is NOT AN ISSUE by the way; seriously it was known as a missing feature and has been suspected as an OTA with a TBD date of soon. So please, no more about that and other known missing features. Just first impressions and issues/possible bugs/pink frozen video crashings...ok?

Liking it a lot so far. Tried to crash it again a couple of times, regarding the 'frozen video' issue (frozen phone, rather) I had earlier, but could not recreate. I did find out (somewhere, I had read in a manual) that a 'soft reset' on this device is taking out the battery and putting it back in...so, that's nice to know, that or let the battery drain while in the frozen pinkish video loop.

I fixed the links to the carrier manuals, which is on another forum I came across. Some folks on that thread had interesting first thoughts as well.
    Carrier model differences (US and N7100)...repost of a set of links to manuals
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3...hopefully with a flush, pop-out (chargeable), Bluetooth earpiece!

How do you save a photo that someone posted on Face Book? Im using the FB app. Is it even possible? Thanks!

I love this device and even more that development has come alive,
    XDA Developer "scrosler" former Sprint GN2 owner is now a ATT GN2 owner
    Hes been pretty busy the last couple hours posting up his goodies - [ROM][11/11][AT&T] CleanROM Lite Edition v1 - I317UCALJ2 - Super Debloated! - xda-developers
    I LOVE MY AT&T GALAXY NOTE II

Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JellyBean

Quote Originally Posted by ska916jedi View Post
    I'm having a lot of problems with pages loading. It freezes when loading and then asks to me if I want to wait or close the page. Its getting really annoying. Never had this problem on my 4. Samething trying to post on Face Book. It says I cant post at this time. WTF? !
    Its the effing FACEBOOK app, I have the same problem on my (soon to be retired) Galaxy Nexus
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast