AT&T Note 2 Initial Thoughts...Just got it today!

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Just read this whole thread with the intention of gathering some great feedback on "Initial thoughts on the GN2" apparently I need to get some head phones lol or at least that's all I got from the thread. Good intentions though. As I am waiting for mine to pick up tomorrow :)

jjt981

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just read this whole thread with the intention of gathering some great feedback on "Initial thoughts on the GN2" apparently I need to get some head phones lol or at least that's all I got from the thread. Good intentions though. As I am waiting for mine to pick up tomorrow :)
Headphones really must be a must have.

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
every single of us should call att and express our disappointment over this... they are the only carrier who use generic box and remove the headphone... ...this company is getting cheapo by the day

zjaksn10

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
every single of us should call att and express our disappointment over this... they are the only carrier who use generic box and remove the headphone... ...this company is getting cheapo by the day
Then get an iPhone. Headphones aren't going to make a phone any better. Everyone owns a pair of headphones now days. I thought I might find something informative on this thread but all I got was a bunch of queens whining about headphones. I will be getting the Note II tomorrow and no cares* will be giving about headphones. *replace with word that rhymes with trucks.

acordo01

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I agree with you regardless of the headphone's I am still going to enjoy my GN2. I have Dre Beat Headphones I will be using with this anyways. If headphones came with it I would of probably just left it in the box and not touched them. lol Pretty excited for tomorrow

ascian5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I understand that people want headphones with controls designed to work for this phone, but really? As a smartphone and iPhone user for years, and even having phones with itunes imported before anyone knew what it was (razr v3xi) I've never once used the stock headphones. Is this really a complaint that holds water in 2012? Grow up Peter Pan.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I understand that people want headphones with controls designed to work for this phone, but really? As a smartphone and iPhone user for years, and even having phones with itunes imported before anyone knew what it was (razr v3xi) I've never once used the stock headphones. Is this really a complaint that holds water in 2012? Grow up Peter Pan.
hmm this thread has been Headphone hijacked so deal with it! :)
but no , The headphone talk is more for fun then complaint....at least for me.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I think one problem is the lack of quality headphones designed to work with Android, and those are not consistent.
Not sure, but I read the Klipsch S4a do not play well with Galaxy S2, so not sure
about other Samsung phone compatibility.

I would be willing to pay well for a good quality headphone set that was know to work, but absent that, the stock headphones are best for that purpose. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, enough with the headphones. I'm sure everyone has a spare pair of headphones. If not, go to Best Buy or Walmart and pick up a pair for $10.

I'd actually like to read users initial thoughts on the device, not people whining about the lack of headphones! Complaining will get you nowhere. Its not like we can do anything about it.

No one is whining. It's a pretty valid complaint. One initial thought WAS about the lack of headphones and reboxing by AT&T (which was expected, but not certain until we all go the pre-ordered phone).

Not everyone has an S3 or a pair that is functional with this device, in the way the headphones supplied to Tmobile and Sprint are. I posted a link for this 'missing' accessory in case folks were in the same boat as myself (with crappy old iPhone earbuds falling apart), people on ATT forums talked to reps, I posted that.

I'd be happy to CALL people on my functional headphones w/mic IF I HAD ones from a Note 1 or S3 or S2 or whatever...but, I don't and was expecting them (aside from the last minute video of AT&T model unboxing hinting at it a week or so before release).

Now...back to the initial thoughts...

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having flaky issues with the Face unlock feature? I want to use that and a PIN. But it sometimes works and sometimes does not.

Do I have too many other settings enabled perhaps? In the Lock section?

Perhaps sleeping the phone too soon/the timer on that?

Also, the camera shortcut (hold the screen and rotate), when enabled and used seems to bypass security/face unlock. Or is that just my phone as well? :)

Any other security loopholes found by anyone? I don't think the Sprint model/firmware build has this issue, but I'll ask my friend today.

UPDATE:: the Sprint LOCK screen options seem to be slightly different..you can scroll down a bit to another option or so on Sprint's to choose to lock upon power key press...on AT&T we have 'Secured lock time' which has 'instantly with the power key or when the screen times out'. Perhaps, just in a different place, done a different way...not sure yet.

I wonder if that was the issue, as it seems to be more consistently prompting me to do the face unlock/pin...where it would mostly just bypass and ask for a simple swipe of the screen.

The option 'With swipe lock' brings you to the camera shortcut and other options...I had this checked before, which allowed the bypass to the home screen after the camera shortcut (by pressing back button).

NOW, when I check it and try...after the screen timeout option set to power key and not 15s/3min/5min/etc...it makes me swipe to get to the face unlock, as it should.

So, it seems to be a combination of settings that you need to be careful of. Or perhaps still a bug with the timer...anyone who's had Android OS/Samsung S3/Note1/2 know if this is normal or not?

So, screen timer...anything other than power key locking the screen and you have to wait that long (15s/3m whatever) for the lock to set itself for the next time you wake it up. Otherwise, it is unlocked. Not a bug, but odd...the camera shortcut seems to be not happening in this case either (immediate lock). So, I think I answered my own question :)

Haven't tried the 'Wake up' voice option yet.

Last edited:

dponte

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a 58" plasma Samsung TV (8000 series, I think) and tried AllShare Cast, etc. Hooked up to my Ethernet directly, not wireless and no dongle (AllShare thing).

Of course the DLNA works just fine...but is choppy and slow with wifi (I use 5GHz n band and was right next to my router so...???).

Speedtest app showed an upload speed of over 6Mbps, so I am not sure what the issue is. HD video was tested (from my friends Note 2 video he took and S-Beamed to me yesterday).

I don't want to get the 100$ dongle in order to mirror my screen, and 4.2 has the mirror screen feature. Apps out there to do this too, I've seen...BUT, phone needs to be rooted (which I am thinking about doing more and more). How well would it all work anyway if my DLNA has constant hiccups streaming HD video to it (which may be the DLNA slowness, not sure)?

Xertion3

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Got my little note 2 to go with my big note. I've had the 1st note and the s3. This phone is great exceeding expectations so far. I also bought some tectiles too. Can't wait to play with those.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

itsmemalloy

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Titanium Grey Flip Cover and my SGP Ultra Crystal screen protector (thanks UPS) but STILL NO GALAXY NOTE II! Stupid pre order. Should've just gone to AT&T this morning and bought it. I would've had it a lot sooner! Still sitting around waiting for FedEx. THIS SUCKS! I know pre ordering secure you a device on launch day but shouldn't you get it before the rest of the masses? And couldn't you have an option for in store pick up instead of waiting until the end of the day for the delivery guy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d