Android Central App: Open beta testing

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'd just like to suggest changing the blue highlight when things (like buttons, comments, list items) are pressed to the default holo color (#33b5e5) or even the darker blue (#0099cc). The current blue is too bright and is a completely different shade from the system blue making it clash with the rest of the system (I'm on a Nexus 7). Maybe I'm just being a design stickler, but I love holo.

One thing I noticed when typing this out is that when in a thread, when you hold down the reply button at the top it says "new thread," which led me to believe that it wasn't a reply button for a while. I'm not sure if you are able to dynamically change the description of the button, but if not, I'd suggest changing it to "new" because new thread while in a thread makes no sense.

Posted via Android Central App

S_C_B

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I just visited the wallpaper section on this app and whoa! This app may need a parental guidance warning, or you should have to sign in to view certain wallpaper categories. :)

Posted via Android Central App on my unlocked T-Mobile Note 2 running stock 4.1.2 on AT&T.

DevSteven

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Might need to clear defaults from your browser, then. Because it'll open in YouTube just fine.

Done. First the app launches the browser (or prompts you to select browser) and then it gives the choice of Browser, Chrome or YouTube. Not like your screenshot.

But the question still remains, why not have in app playback?

Edit: The issue only applies when attempting to watch a video in the Blog section of the app, in the videos section of the app its just like your screenshot.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
So far I really like the design. The UI is better than tapatalk. Just allow for attaching pictures, which I'm sure you have heard and I'll be ready to uninstall tapatalk.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Also should have an edit function so I wouldn't need to start a new post to say this. Should have some way of showing what posts you have liked and thanked, like change it to unlike and unthank or make it bold.

Also not sure if its the app or not but when I start a new sentence the next letter is not capital. not the biggest issue you have to worry about but drives me nuts.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
In the forums, if I quote another post in my reply, there's a weird issue. (I'm on an HTC One, pure stock goodness, fwiw). If I start typing and, for whatever reason, rotate the phone to landscape and continue typing, the quoted post is inserted below my comments two more times. And the original quote is still at the top of the page so I see the quote three times. I've been able to repeat this every time I attempt it.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
So far the app looks really nice, and performs smoothly. The only bug I had was when I tried to enter my password after I entered my username. Sometimes the password wouldn't show up at all, so I had to enter my password first and the my username.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea. I just downloaded the AC app as soon as I got my S4. Is there another Ac app?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums
Yes there is the new beta app, link provided in the OP of this thread. Then there is the second and older AC app based on vanilla Tapatalk which is available in the Play Store.

FitMomXtine

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes there is the new beta app, link provided in the OP of this thread. Then there is the second and older AC app based on vanilla Tapatalk which is available in the Play Store.

Thank you much! Just downloaded it and it is fine

turtleparadise

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I love the app so far. One feature that would be useful would be the ability to increase the size of the text throughout the app. My eyes are not what they used to be!

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
BTW, folks. Just because we're not replying to everything here doesn't mean we're not reading and compiling a list. Great stuff! Thanks! :)

homer81

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Great app! Had some trouble logging in, I couldn't type my password in. Closing the app and reopening it fixed it.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
So, for right now, the only way to see and post images here, is from the app in the play store?

If you know the proper image code you can still post an image say from your drop box or photobucket, etc. As far as posting images otherwise you have to either be doing it from mobile or desktop browser or the Play Store AC App based on vanilla Tapatalk.

As for many of these suggestions being posted, requested much of the common ones are and will be added I'm sure. The goal was to get this out in its current working form for you to enjoy, see the progress and give some valuable feedback. The design team was well aware that more needed to be added and have assured everyone that they will do their best to make this the best darn feature rich app and user friendly as possible given time.

Anyways.. Keep those requests and feedback coming!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
If you know the proper image code you can still post an image say from your drop box or photobucket, etc. As far as posting images otherwise you have to either be doing it from mobile or desktop browser or the Play Store AC App based on vanilla Tapatalk.

As for many of these suggestions being posted, requested much of the common ones are and will be added I'm sure. The goal was to get this out in its current working form for you to enjoy, see the progress and give some valuable feedback. The design team was well aware that more needed to be added and have assured everyone that they will do their best to make this the best darn feature rich app and user friendly as possible given time.

Anyways.. Keep those requests and feedback coming!

So will the embedded image function ever be added, or will we have to resort to the afore mentioned process? You guys have done a great job on the app so far, and rolled out a testing cycle much sooner than I thought possible from the date of announcement. I look forward to seeing future improvements.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA