Cases for the HTC One

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
42 pages in this thread and all these cases are **** ugly. still have a naked htc one in mint condition. just be careful with your phone....would you put an otterbox on a newborn baby because your afraid to drop him/her...no...just be a little more mindful when your carrying a $600 phone!

the censored word is short for buttocks... but..just at one more t.

Are you planning to contribute anything helpful or just tell people what to do with their own devices?

Sent from my HTC One :)

litig8or98

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I?ve decided to write a quick review of a couple of cases that I?ve acquired for my One. Like many, I was at least partially motivated to get the One due to its great design and good looks. The finish is absolutely beautiful. I found, however, that the same design and finish make holding it a touch stressful. It just ?feels? easy to drop.
Unfortunately, that means covering it up with a case. I never minded putting cases on the old BlackBerry 9900 that my One replaced; it wasn?t an ?ugly? phone, but it also wasn?t something I wanted to show off. Although I?ve only had my One for a couple of months, I?ve already picked up several cases for it, some okay, some less than that. My thoughts on them follow:

Otterbox Defender: Certainly this case lent a feeling of security to carrying this phone. The thing covers everything; this is both good and bad. For the ?good?, there?s no question that if I was to drop my One, this is the case I?d want to have on it. Again?that feeling of security. And at the end of the day, one gets a case to protect from drops, not for all the times the phone is safe in your hands. And I have to hand it to Otterbox to have the foresight to leave a cutout for the IR emitter/power button. But the case is so big. It effectively doubles the size of the phone?at least that how it feels. Also, while I like that it protects the screen as well, I really don?t like the feel of the screen while the case is on. Add to that I?ve read other sources state that if and when grit gets under the screen protector, the protector will keep it there, and allow it to cause even more damage (though I never experienced this). Finally, I find it such a PITA to take off, that it generally just sits in a drawer now. And for the price of the Defender, that?s something of a waste. I should mention it also comes with a belt clip, but once the case is on, there?s little chance I?d wear something that big on my hip.

Poetic Atmosphere: This is the case I was looking for?literally. I?d seen it online, and couldn?t find it anywhere locally, or on shopandroid.com. Amazon has it, but being in Canada, had to resort to the Canadian Amazon site, which doesn?t have the full range of colours, and are about twice the price. But, I managed to get my hands on one. Aesthetically, this case is great for the One. Rubberized bumper all around the edge, but clear (matte) plastic on the back allows the beauty of the One to shine through. And it does look great on the phone?that is, once you actually get it on the phone. It?s such a tight fit, that it?s awful to put on, and even worse to try and take off. Putting it on stripped the edges of my bestskinever skin. Despite it being the case I wanted, and looking as good as I had hoped, I don?t use it anymore. When I ordered the clear/grey case, they were accepting pre-orders of the clear/red, and I ordered one only because they were greatly discounted; I?ll likely be cancelling that order.

Poetic Flipcase: This case I picked up only because they too were greatly discounted when I ordered the Atmosphere, and I wanted to get up over my ?free shipping? threshold. That said, I use thiscase with some regularity. The phone snaps in and out at the corners pretty easily, and the case itself doesn?t add much in the way of bulk. And that?s with a flip cover that protects the screen. They?re a little cheaply made, and the upper left corner of mine doesn?t grab the phone as tightly as it?s probably supposed to. I hear Poetic has really good customer service, and I may bring this up with them. In any event, this case is on my phone about half the time, again mostly due to how little it affects the phone?s profile. It does cover up those good looks, though, and likely would not survive much of a fall (I could see the phone popping out with any real impact).

Seido Active case (with kickstand): Picked this one up when shopandroid had them discounted for the day. I love this case. Good level of protection, and it?s relatively easy to put on and off. And it looks good, though it covers up the phone pretty much. Once it?s on, for all anyone knows, one may as well be carrying an iPhone or a BB Z10. The kickstand is a nice touch, too. Didn?t think I?d use it much, but since discovering a new guilty pleasure (watching episodes of ?Archer? on Netflix during my lunch), it certainly comes in handy. Unfortunately, the IR emitter/power button is covered up, so the case doesn?t allow for the Sense TV application to be used. Also, again, it does offer some bulk; with this case on, you won?t be putting the phone in your pocket. At least, not inconspicuously. That?s what keeps bringing me back to the Poetic Flipcase?between these two cases, my phone is always covered.

Tech 21 Universal Vertical Leather Pocket Pouch (NO Clip) for HTC One: That?s how this product is described on shopandroid, however when the box arrives (and it does have easily the nicest box of all the cases described), it clearly says on it that it?s designed for the iPhone 4/4s. This pouch supposedly has some protective material built into it that protects the phone against impacts. Sure. But I doubt that this wonder material would really offer any sort of real protection. The pouch does not hold the One as snugly as I had hoped (I had pouches for by last two BlackBerries, and they were much better/custom designed). There?s a magnetic flap which, in theory, would keep the phone in, but in my tests, turning it over and giving it the slightest shake (not even a ?shake? really) resulted in the phone sliding out, with the weight of the phone enough to break the magnetic connection. I can?t really see this thing protecting the phone; if I dropped it, I can?t see the pouch staying anywhere near the phone. This will probably be sent back, as I?ve never felt comfortable enough to carry my phone in this thing.

That?s it?my long winded comments. Hopefully it provides some guidance to others looking at one or more of these cases.

Last edited:

Rcrdude64

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
42 pages in this thread and all these cases are **** ugly. still have a naked htc one in mint condition. just be careful with your phone....would you put an otterbox on a newborn baby because your afraid to drop him/her...no...just be a little more mindful when your carrying a $600 phone!

the censored word is short for buttocks... but..just at one more t.

Dude... I don't even have this phone and I agree with the poster above me... Are you going to contribute? Or was bashing on everyone else's opinions your only goal? Maybe they like these cases? Maybe they aren't **** ugly. Come on man... Be productive not destructive.

Sent from Xperia Note

StylinProfilin

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Been using the UAG case(Black) for the last week. Switched from Otterbox Commuter. Quick thoughts on the UAG -

alot slimmer than I thought
protective, solid
feels great ergonomically
volume buttons easy to push
power button is a little rough, but not a dealbreaker at all.
Does not slip or slide when on its back lying on a table.
its has a nice lip around the front of the phone also if you lay it down.

Most people at my office carrying around the otterbox for their iphones and s4s. So its nice to have something different and it looks sick. Going to be rocking this for a while. The commuter served me well though, i still recommend that case. I'll go back to it one day.

StylinProfilin

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
Dropped the one today. Second time since I have had it. The UAG case was on and it just bounced. UAG case laughed at how scared I got. Phone is still in mint condition.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Dropped the one today. Second time since I have had it. The UAG case was on and it just bounced. UAG case laughed at how scared I got. Phone is still in mint condition.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

I'm thinking about getting the white UAG. Any problems with the flash taking pictures creating any haze or glow to your pics? Thanks.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Quick question to those of you with the UAG case.

Some Amazon reviews state that the camera flash doesn't work well with the case and that it leaves rings on the pic from the reflection off the case. Anyone seen this? I currently have the Aegis Trident and thinking about switching.

Edit: Totally missed the post right above asking the same question . . .

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the Belkin Grip Candy case? If so, what do you think?

I ordered an HTC One online and should get it Thursday. I saw this case at Target and liked the look so got it in preparation. In the picture, it looks like the back is white but it is actually clear. I hate clear backs that are too plasticky feeling and scratch easily. This has a really nice feel too it and doesn't scratch at all (believe me, I tried my best while in the store) It is also really thin but seems like it will give decent protection without taking away from the beauty of the phone.

View attachment 76564

whoahbro

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I go a little overboard with cases for any phone I have. Of all the ones I have for my One, this little cheap one off eBay is my favorite. Its thin, it slides in and out of pockets easily, and most importantly for me it has the little gloss strips molded into the back sort of like the back of our phones have. I think it adds a nice touch because it makes the One still look like a One. I think it was like $4.00 shipped from China and came with a screen protector. Stupid inexpensive.

I like my otterbox for hiking but in the office with slacks on the otterbox may look like I'm walking around on the verge of a crisis :O

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-13-22-06-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-13-22-06-45.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 132

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I go a little overboard with cases for any phone I have. Of all the ones I have for my One, this little cheap one off eBay is my favorite. Its thin, it slides in and out of pockets easily, and most importantly for me it has the little gloss strips molded into the back sort of like the back of our phones have. I think it adds a nice touch because it makes the One still look like a One. I think it was like $4.00 shipped from China and came with a screen protector. Stupid inexpensive.

I like my otterbox for hiking but in the office with slacks on the otterbox may look like I'm walking around on the verge of a crisis :O

Do they have that in other colors? I like it.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

nolanz14

May 9, 2013
Visit site
looks nice!

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I personally feel good with the protection of the Otter Box Defender. But I did not like the screen protector that came with it as dirt was constantly getting between the screen and plastic protector. So I decided to take the plastic off, and I added an Invisishield HD Zagg screen protector, and now I'm happy! Plus, the Zagg protector does not distort the image quality of the screen like the otterbox one did...

Posted via Android Central App

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the Belkin Grip Candy case? If so, what do you think?

I ordered an HTC One online and should get it Thursday. I saw this case at Target and liked the look so got it in preparation. In the picture, it looks like the back is white but it is actually clear. I hate clear backs that are too plasticky feeling and scratch easily. This has a really nice feel too it and doesn't scratch at all (believe me, I tried my best while in the store) It is also really thin but seems like it will give decent protection without taking away from the beauty of the phone.

View attachment 76564

I ordered this one online and it just arrived today. The fit leaves something to be desired.There's a noticeable gap on the front top and bottom edges where the case doesn't even make contact with the phone. It's not a snug fit at all. Ordered directly from Belkin. Needless to say, I am disappointed.

carlosfilhoo

May 8, 2013
Visit site
My case:
1010046_10151779415194647_1027673481_n.jpg
561577_10151779415259647_757355451_n.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos