Cases for the HTC One

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the Black, White and Orange UAG cases and haven't had any issues with the camera. :)

It's good to know that. I have the Rust (Orange) on the way :)

My current one is the Incipio Feather in black but I always like to have one thin case and one that can protect it a little bit more.

The Otterbox cases are pretty popular but I don't see why to use them when there are protective cases like UAG that don't add too much bulk. It's a matter of taste, I know, but it seems way too much to use the Defender case on phones these days.

ajarnfalang

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Now that we have a clear date for the HTC One, the next thing to worry about is... Protection! If anyone finds really cool cases, please share here.
Personally, I want a flip case, like the official one by HTC, but I've seen the reviews... and they basically reported that the case is not so good.
So, any suggestions?

Funny how all this thought is put into the "build quality" just to have people stick it into cases.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You don't have a case on you iPhone? How's that glass build quality working out for you Chavez?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I haven't had a case or screen protector on my iPhone 4 for over year and dropped it a few times as well, and its fine. Sorry you seem to feel that attacking is the immediate appropriate response, and I agree it sucks to have a beautifully manufactured phone and then put it in a case.

uhyvudev.jpg
8a9aza2a.jpg

If I had the One I wouldn't put a case on it either.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Network Moderator
Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Let's keep the discussion on-topic (HTC One) folks. ;)

I've mentioned this in another thread, but the case I got was the Seidio Surface Case w/Kickstand. Love the look of the One without the case (it is a gorgeous phone), but when I'm out working I want a bit of protection and a case that doesn't take away from the look of the phone. Never been a fan of using cases, but this one I do like.

Seidio SURFACE Case (with kickstand) for HTC One - Android Cases

1.jpg

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I will admit, the case ***** in me almost wants to get the One just for the double dip case.

I have an irrational desire for that case.

Tippy tapped from my iPhone 5, from me to you.

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Can you please recommend me the toughest, thickest and grippiest case for htc one? Basically I want to get rid of my ipod touch and use my htc one in the gym but the problem is during certain lifts like bench press, ipod falls out of my short's pocket all the time. I keep it in my pocket and I need a case that's not gonna come out even if I do a handstand push up :)

I spent today to look at cases online and so far only found these:

Seidio Convert:

InEsOYJ.png

Ballistic SG MAXX:

5kMY6JU.png

Otterbox Defendor:

NhQxp2G.png

Trident Kraken AMS:

WhyegsC.png

I watched some reviews on youtube and it seems like only Seidio has an outer surface that's rubber/silicone (uncovered parts from the last piece). I assume any case with an outer rubber/silicone cover should prevent slipping out of my pocket, right?

Can you please advice if you own any of these? Or are there other cases I should be looking at?

Thanks alot guys :)

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I've used my past phones while mountain biking and have used both the Seidio Convert and the Otterbox Defender. The Seidio is a beefy case, and IMO better suited for drops. The Otterbox isn't bad, either, and also has a built-in screen protector. The Defender is known for being bulky but the Convert is bulkier because it's 3 layers of protection. Either way, I think either of these two cases would work for you.

I'm going with the Defender myself.

Posted via Android Central App

lachdanan

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks alot man. Btw can you please tell me how they feel on the outside? Are they very grippy? Seidio convert looks more grippy but you would know it better of course :)

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks alot man. Btw can you please tell me how they feel on the outside? Are they very grippy? Seidio convert looks more grippy but you would know it better of course :)

The Defender is more grippy, at least the one I had on my GNex was. The Defender has the hard inner shell with the silicone part wrapping the whole shell.

The Convert has the same thing, but has the exo skeleton on the outside and depending on what you set your phone on, it'll slide because the exo is plastic. With the Convert, you're really getting two cases.

Posted via Android Central App

smallfrys

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried the Ballistic Aspira? I really like the look of it for a phone, except for the 'Ballistic' logo on the side. I'm looking for something that I can use outside that offers good protection. According to Amazon reviews, it's smaller than the Commuter, which was too big for me.

Attachments

• htcone_aspira_blackwhite_web_002.jpg
    htcone_aspira_blackwhite_web_002.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 388
Last edited:

skyrocket

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up the Belkin Grip Candy at Target for my One. I'm really really liking it so far. The feel of the rubber is great in the hands! My tiny gripe about this case is the cut outs around the ports / power button seem to be bent in a way, making them not be snug against the device. Overall I would recommend this case in an instant.

z3r0cool

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Looking at the UAG case, but the images are a little conflicting. Doing a google image search for the case yields pics that show the case has a texture to the finish (which i like), while the stock photos from UAG are more of a semi-gloss. I've emailed UAG for an explanation, but so far no reply. Can anyone comment as to how their case is?

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Looking at the UAG case, but the images are a little conflicting. Doing a google image search for the case yields pics that show the case has a texture to the finish (which i like), while the stock photos from UAG are more of a semi-gloss. I've emailed UAG for an explanation, but so far no reply. Can anyone comment as to how their case is?

They don't have a texture at all. The top and bottom are tough and and feels like high-grade rubber. The back is more like a muted/mate tone and it's not glossy or semi-glossy at all. I wrote a review for this case in this thread if you want to see more pictures and comments.

The Outland and the White (I don't remember its UAG name) have a problems with photos taken with flash. The Aero or Scout doesn't have it.

3Dee

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this above, but if anyone is looking for a slimline case, having tried a number of them, I'm finding the Nillkin hard case to be absolutely brilliant - looks great, is slim, and is (importantly and where some others fall down) is hard wearing.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos