Did your S3 reboot yesterday?

stonemadman#AC

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Last night, mine and my wife's Verizon S3 rebooted on its own. I looked through all the settings to see if the firmware or baseband or anything changed and couldn't find anything new. Anyone else experience this?

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine did. It was odd because it was right after I rebooted it. Happened about 10:30 pm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

nashi#CB

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I received a notice that one of the phone system files stopped working, I did a reboot and then after it came back up, the phone rebooted again, about 11:20 pm pst.

hmm, maybe Verizon is forcing an update on the Sim or network info?

papafrankm

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yep I posted Sunday am I think, I thought it was ug also. But alas nothing.
Damn solar storms.

Posted via Android Central App

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It was a very unusual restart: it didn't play the usual audio tones that get played during shutdown or boot; it didn't take as long as a normal restart.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
It was a very unusual restart: it didn't play the usual audio tones that get played during shutdown or boot; it didn't take as long as a normal restart.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Mine was a silent restart as well. Reminded me of my HTC Thunderbolt when it would reboot several times a day without warning. That was after a software update as well.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S 3 - Tapatalk

mrtwohands

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I know this is the Verizon thread but do all of you have Verizon or live in the US? I did not, to my knowledge, get a restart. Nothing seems different about the phone either.

Posted via Android Central App

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Did the reboot reset the up-time on the phones?
Mine reads 132 hours, so I'm assuming it didn't re-boot.

Last edited:

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me also. Same reboot style also but it was around 11 on the 6th I believe. I was excited b/c I thought I had a software update but didn't notice anything different. I only noticed b/c I was work and saw my screen flash b/c I have my phone sitting a couple feet in front of me when I'm in my office. No word on what it was?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe