DROID Maxx Pre-Order on Wirefly.

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I checked Wirefly still says waiting on inventory. I then decided to check my account on Verizon Wireless and when I opened my account it congratulated me on my new device! The HTC Rezound:eek: I thought I ordered a new Droid MAXX. Doing some further investigating.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Where oh where is Kim from Wirefly? Haven't heard from here in the past couple of days.
I dont understand how they cant have any type of update on the status of their shipment. They have to know when they will receive them. I find it hard to believe that at the Wirefly shipping center one day a truck pulls up and then SURPRISE here are your phones. If it works that way then it's a bad business model. I get not wanting to give people a date, I prefer the under promise and over deliver method of sales, but I dont like being kept in the dark.

nghy

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking Verizon and Moto may have underestimated the demand for these phones. Anybody know what stock has been like in corp stores? I bought mine on launch day at the corp store at 5PM after work and the sales guy said it was the first one he had sold. Did not seem like there was huge demand then.
I'm sure they did under estimate the demand for the Droid Maxx. One poll on buyer intentions showed the preference for the Maxx was three times the combined preference for the Ultra plus the Mini. I think the Maxx is going to be the phone of choice for a large crowd.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Not gonna lie.
Saving money is cool but i'm starting to get desperate as I'm on a loaner phone.

I'm with you! Wirefly can save me $160 between the two phones I've ordered, but the delay and no information is worrisome to me. Plus, having a store to walk into when something is wrong might be worth the extra money. From everything I've read Wirefly's not the best on replacement device in a timely fashion compared to just walking in a VZW store.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you! Wirefly can save me $160 between the two phones I've ordered, but the delay and no information is worrisome to me. Plus, having a store to walk into when something is wrong might be worth the extra money. From everything I've read Wirefly's not the best on replacement device in a timely fashion compared to just walking in a VZW store.

Verizon won't honor a warranty if its bought from Wirefly? Considering its a VZW contract one would assume you could go to any corporate store for assistance.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

bigv5150

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I agree that is why I went with radio shack online. Best of both worlds if I have an issue just go to the store and at 199.99 it was a no brainer.

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am beginning to think of cancelling the order. Still no phone been waiting since 8/6 and no info. I may find a Radio Shack around me or a Best Buy that will match prices. I think I might have the phone by the new year the way things are going.

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Now I am wondering what is going on with this phone. I called three Best Buys and a Radio Shack in the area. Their response was they would not take preorders on this phone for at least a month because they are not certain when they will be getting them. What is going on?

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't think any third party retailers that I have herd of have received any stock. I just don't think they anticipated demand correctly and did not make enough. The fact that Verizon itself is still trying to catch up on a phone that has received little hype is telling.

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered it from Verizon Monday afternoon and that same day it shipped out. It should be here today. I can't wait!

I was going to do the same, but since it was pre-order they wouldn't accept promo codes. I guess I shouldn't have been so cheap! I wonder when it will no longer be considered a pre-order...

Posted via Android Central App

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
On August 25th.

Hmm, I ordered on the 21st and don't see anything about current estimated shipping. When I first ordered it said October 8th shipping date but that went away. I called CS and they said early to mid September, but that was a week ago.

B-RAN

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Based on this feedback I think I'm about to call Wirefly and cancel my order. I think my wife is wanting the X anyway so I'll just place an online order for that and the Maxx tonight at midnight when the X goes on sale online.

adrialk

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on Aug 25 from Amazon and my GF's on Aug 26. Mine is showing 9/25 - 10/9 ship date, hers is showing 9/26 to 10/10.

Hope they go out sooner than that!

viper81

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine on Aug 25 from Amazon and my GF's on Aug 26. Mine is showing 9/25 - 10/9 ship date, hers is showing 9/26 to 10/10.

Hope they go out sooner than that!

Ahh okay, so it seems like they might not have any idea when they will have them in stock and are just adding a month to the order date. I'm hoping it comes sooner as well!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174