For Real this time: EB16 Kernels

motoprof

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Will this work with DL30 leak? I really like this leak and if not, what do you recommend I update to that is similar to DL30 leak?

Will this kernel change any settings on DL30? :confused:

djlim4

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
So I've been using this kernel since its release and it's been snappier overall as others have reported.
One thing ive recently noticed is that my power button seems a LOT more responsive to the long press. I get the long press menu often when I hit the power to wake my phone. Anyone else experience this?

pguntle

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
is it supposed to take a long time to flash?

I started with 2.9.1 V and flashed the voodoo eb16 kernel and i have seen the honeycomb screen for 40 mins.

Did i do something wrong?

Edit: let it run for an hour at the honeycomb screen with no luck.

For some reason i can't get this kernel installed.

Last edited:

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
is it supposed to take a long time to flash?

I started with 2.9.1 V and flashed the voodoo eb16 kernel and i have seen the honeycomb screen for 40 mins.

Did i do something wrong?

Edit: let it run for an hour at the honeycomb screen with no luck.

For some reason i can't get this kernel installed.

you must be a in a FC boot loop do you get a vibration followed by two more at the same time?

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Problem with setcpu and nofrills cpu controller.

After I installed this kernel I am having issues with any apps that set cpu speeds. I can install them, set up settings and they claim to run fine. My problem is that after every reboot of the phone all of the settings are gone! They act like I have just installed them!

Any ideas? I am not sure if it is the kernel or if its a problem with sc 2.9.1, I did install both at the same time.

Thanks for any info.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Problem with setcpu and nofrills cpu controller.

After I installed this kernel I am having issues with any apps that set cpu speeds. I can install them, set up settings and they claim to run fine. My problem is that after every reboot of the phone all of the settings are gone! They act like I have just installed them!

Any ideas? I am not sure if it is the kernel or if its a problem with sc 2.9.1, I did install both at the same time.

Thanks for any info.

Directly from here Android Forums - Announcements in Forum : Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks

Cross Posting - Do not post your question or topic in multiple forums or threads.

lbrenes

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Why not? these are the two things that changed in my phone that might have caused this behavior in my phone. My post mention directly these two things: ec10 kernel and sc 2.9... is not like I double posted in unrelated forums!?!

IMO it's because Adrynalyne is the one who gave us both superclean and the EC10 kernels, so posting in both threads is unnecessary. But I'm just a forum member who likes the forums to be less cluttered. With the same exact question being posted word for word in two different threads, the same people may actually answer both posts thinking the moderator moved your post to a different thread.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
So which one is better im on ec10 now

Everyone else is noticing better performance with EC10. But people's experiences can vary. I've seen people say they were better of with EB16 kernel and I've seen people say they were better off with EB01 kernel. It can really vary depending on your setup. EC10 is newer and isn't as fragmented as EB16.