For Real this time: EB16 Kernels

mcnasty150

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Has any1 had this happen, flash vodoo with cwr red, after the install everything went the way it was suppose to rebooted , went into cwr and it was orange. anyway to get it back to red

lodog

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response.

Also thanks for the heads up on the task killer I will disable it to see if it helps with the battery life.

HisSgtMajor

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
When I go to download the non-voodoo, it takes me to the page, I click start download, and it can't find the page. Tried both on my phone and computer. Just wanted to let you know! Thanks for all you do! I'll check back tomorrow or whatever to see if its working again! =)

Update: It's working now. =)

Last edited:

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was on SC 2.9 voodoo and I just attempted to flash the updated kernel voodoo ..how can I tell if it was a success? I orig booted into red recovery but then it changed to orange?

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was on SC 2.9 voodoo and I just attempted to flash the updated kernel voodoo ..how can I tell if it was a success? I orig booted into red recovery but then it changed to orange?

Did it change to Orange because you booted directly to red first then scrolled to apply sdcard:update.zip? If so that's not what you need to do when you boot directly to red cwm. Read this thread by DroidXcon:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html
and you will need to reflash the cwm-all file in ODIN. And you have orange because you flashed clockworkmod recovery in rom manager. Leave rom manager alone for now, it is not working for the Fascinate. And you can't use orange cwm to flash anything right now. Orange no workie.

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Did it change to Orange because you booted directly to red first then scrolled to apply sdcard:update.zip? If so that's not what you need to do when you boot directly to red cwm. Read this thread by DroidXcon:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...-clockworkmod-recovery-w-screen-captures.html
and you will need to reflash the cwm-all file in ODIN. And you have orange because you flashed clockworkmod recovery in rom manager. Leave rom manager alone for now, it is not working for the Fascinate. And you can't use orange cwm to flash anything right now. Orange no workie.

Yes, it originally booted into red then it changed to orange when I chose apply sdcard:update ..I'm just trying to flash the updated eb16 kernel with the bw fixes

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it originally booted into red then it changed to orange when I chose apply sdcard:update ..I'm just trying to flash the updated eb16 kernel with the bw fixes

Read DroidXcon's thread I linked you. You only used apply sdcard:update.zip in stock blue recovery. When you boot directly to red you just scroll to install zip from sd card, hit power button, scroll to choose zip from sd card, power button, scroll to wherever the EB16 zip file is, power button.

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Read DroidXcon's thread I linked you. You only used apply sdcard:update.zip in stock blue recovery. When you boot directly to red you just scroll to install zip from sd card, hit power button, scroll to choose zip from sd card, power button, scroll to wherever the EB16 zip file is, power button.

Ok, I did the install from sd card, choose zip from sd, selected eb16, then it took me to install & I selected that, then my screen went black with blue letters flashing

sup3rchi3f

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Success!!! That is correct sir. the blue flashing letters is the kernel being installed.

Excellent!! Thanks man ...is there any way to check your phone and see what kernel you have installed, like the one I flashed? Other than the settings>about phone screen b/c I think thats been the same since I went to froyo

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Excellent!! Thanks man ...is there any way to check your phone and see what kernel you have installed, like the one I flashed? Other than the settings>about phone screen b/c I think thats been the same since I went to froyo

And for now it will continue to be the same on Froyo. The EB16 kernel is actually not a true, pure EB16 kernel. EB16 is actually the latest Froyo build for the Samsung Mesmerize for US Cellular. The Fascinate and the Mesmerize are both model # SCH-I500, so basically the same phone. Adrynalyne took parts of the EB16 kernel and blended it with parts of the EB01 kernel. That is why you are still seeing the kernel version from when you were on a pure EB01 kernel.