[GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.7

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: [GB][2.11.605.0][Sense3.0]BAMF Forever 1.0.6

How do you uninstall the browser enhancements because even though i turned off the mobile web all website still come up with the mobile one.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

How do you uninstall the browser enhancements because even though i turned off the mobile web all website still come up with the mobile one.

what browser are you using?
(if Dolphin--change browser settings from Android to Desktop: menu>more>settings>dolphin settings>user agent>desktop)

if this isn't pertinent, please disregard :)

StayFly

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

I'm using the default browser and I already unchecked the mobile view button but im still getting those mobile views. This only happened after i installed the mobile enhancements on the first page

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Adrynalyne... I've used Gingeritis and did like it, but no MyVerizon, no NFL Mobile... this ROM has been a pleasure to use since I first loaded 1.0.1 and has been a pleasure to use and watch it evolve into this solid ROM.... and by evolving, this has evolved very quickly and with solid results.

Same deal.

Sent from my Bolt via Tapatalk.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I'm using the default browser and I already unchecked the mobile view button but im still getting those mobile views. This only happened after i installed the mobile enhancements on the first page

Sorry, i overlooked that Patch.

But i'd suppose that it can only be undone (since it was flashed) by performing a wipe of your data--per this sentence
"Enhanced Browser (Must be reinstalled after every data wipe)".
so, wipe the data=no enhanced browser.

unless someone knows what part of the framework this rewrote to which you could then modify it--my bet is a data wipe.

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

reset browser to defaults and then reboot

btw I believe the enhanced browser was already included with 1.0.6

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Sup guys. I am coming from Gingervitis so I didn't update the radio.

I downloaded & verified the 1.0.6 zip, rebooted into recovery, wiped data/cache/dalvik 3 times, then went to install zip from sdcard option, chose 1.0.6 and let it install. Before I rebooted I also installed the recent apps patch. Rebooted and now my phone is stuck on the HTC screen (been like this for about 10min now).

Any idea on what I need to do? Other ROM installs I've done didn't take this long so I'm thinking something got messed up.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Sup guys. I am coming from Gingervitis so I didn't update the radio.

I downloaded & verified the 1.0.6 zip, rebooted into recovery, wiped data/cache/dalvik 3 times, then went to install zip from sdcard option, chose 1.0.6 and let it install. Before I rebooted I also installed the recent apps patch. Rebooted and now my phone is stuck on the HTC screen (been like this for about 10min now).

Any idea on what I need to do?

Pull the battery. Power back on while holding the volume down rocker to get into hboot. Go into recovery and clear data and caches and reflash the ROM. You need to let the phone reboot before flashing anything else after the ROM. You can use the reboot recovery option in clockwork if you want to do back to back flashing.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Pull the battery. Power back on while holding the volume down rocker to get into hboot. Go into recovery and clear data and caches and reflash the ROM. You need to let the phone reboot before flashing anything else after the ROM. You can use the reboot recovery option in clockwork if you want to do back to back flashing.

yea, I figured it out. prob cuz i flashed the patch right after the rom. thanks.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Cyber, what radio are you running with this. Looks like it's having trouble finding a 4G signal... which I typically get a decent signal from where I'm at now.

RSchmidt624

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

I noticed if you go into settings and scroll way down there is an option for normal rendering, check that box.

vols fan

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

When the OTA for GB comes out if VM notifications are working will there be a patch to make it work for this ROM? My wife really doesn't like not knowing if she has a VM.

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

When the OTA for GB comes out if VM notifications are working will there be a patch to make it work for this ROM? My wife really doesn't like not knowing if she has a VM.

At this point if voicemail notifications are gonna get fixed it will be on Verizon's side...you won't have to patch, it will just work. I'm still a doubter..I think it's gonna stay broken.

The_Engine

Super Genius
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

The GB update is rolling out now and is the same ruu that leaked last week. VM notifications don't work in that either. Looks like we will need an mr4 for that.

Everyone says to just use google voice.

DirtMcGirt

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Guys, I came over from Gingeritis to give BAMF a try again (and for a change). Last night, went to bed with 90% battery. Woke up and phone was off. I couldn't turn it on either. Had to pop battery out for 30sec and then stick a charge in it, then I could power it on. When the phone came on it had near 90% battery life left.

Is this an issue or am I a one-off?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Guys, I came over from Gingeritis to give BAMF a try again (and for a change). Last night, went to bed with 90% battery. Woke up and phone was off. I couldn't turn it on either. Had to pop battery out for 30sec and then stick a charge in it, then I could power it on. When the phone came on it had near 90% battery life left.

No issue I know of... but if you just loaded the ROM and downloaded all the apps there is a good chance that something was sync'ing way too much and you did not tweak things in correctly. Battery life has been very good for me... but I always plug mine in over night.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I thought I was the only one... first day of install, my phone did this... second day, same thing. Phone would shut off and the only way to turn it back on was a battery pull... its kind of scary seeing your phone off and not being able to turn it back on:-\ A few days later... I had a random reboot. Since then... which is about a week later, no problems... everything works great. I thought it might be from upgrading to 1.0.6 from 1.0.5 without deleting the Bamf Extras folder which I forgot to do.

Are we suppose to delete that folder everytime we upgrade to newer versions?