Gmail vs Inbox - Your Preferred Email App?

shockreaction

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Gmail vs Inbox - Your Preffered Email App?

I couldn't get used to how Inbox handled emails, so I went back to the Gmail app. I'll probably give it another shot later on, but I'm not too keen on it at the moment.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site

I just wish I had Gmail with a snooze feature. I like that I can have a different mobile signature from my phone than from my desk top. Inbox won't let me do this. It adds my big *** signature to every email I zing from my phone. If I change it on the mobile side it changes it on the desk top side.

I keep going back to Inbox though because I like the material design. I have decided to only use inbox from mobile and Gmail from desk top to get around my signature problem. The fact that GMail is very polished and powerful on desktop helps too.

But again if gmail would simply let me snooze emails I would use it and it alone.

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I use Inbox and I turn off all of the categorizing that it does so all emails are shown to me on the main screen. Only thing I have a problem with is the mobile app will not download and save attachements. I long press the attachment and it does nothing.

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I am a messaging professional, so my work is based around designing email systems. When I used Inbox for the first time I was delighted.
The main issue with typical mail clients is that they are not very intelligent. You have to do all the work by yourself, but even then it is very difficult to make email work for you, and not the other way around.
You can organize your mail in folders, subfolders, archive it, and create many rules that handle all incoming communication.

With Inbox I do not have to worry about all of that. Inbox will show me important mails and will notify me. Unimportant mails (like newsletters) will not cause a notification trigger. I can choose to read them when I have the time and I will not get bothered by Inbox. My purchases will automatically get grouped together. This is a very nice feature. Before Inbox I had a special folder and associated rules for handling my purchases. Every time I purchased something online from a new company, I had to go and create a new rule, or update my existing rule. Now, I let Inbox handle that for me.
Inbox is really impressive in organizing my email. (and I get a lot of email).
Inbox makes Email work for me. It shows how important Email is.
The only reason I am using my gmail account for mail is Inbox.

Reetwick Tunga1

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I preffer the gmail app over inbox though the gmail app misses many features. K9 mail is good too. And today I tried WPS Mail which supports exchange and is free and super fast.

wxboss

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I love the snooze feature that Inbox provides along with its layout. Gmail is the more powerful of the two imho, and its better for those who want a more hands on management of their email. I keep switching back and forth between the two, but I'll never completely let go of Gmail.

QMaverick

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not actually a big fan of inbox, though I haven't tried it in a while. GMail is just easier to keep organized for me. *shrug*

I do need to try Inbox again, because some of the recent updates sound pretty good . . .

TTownJoe

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I tried out Inbox and haven't gone back. It automagically organizing my emails made it so I didn't have to worry about labels or any other such thing that I was doing and kept changing with Gmail, just wasn't a concern anymore since something else was handling it. Can focus more on playin mah games!

FriendlyFiend

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Inbox. It makes it much easier to focus on getting rid of junk and dealing with the important stuff. That said adding attachments (particularly from OneDrive) can be a nightmare with Inbox.